Vlad's rides thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Good work shags !
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Did another order with speed spares. Stocking up where I can as usual 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
interesting results with the hoses!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah i must have scored the 3rd last one vlad.......i got one from ballan holden when i re-sealed my engine.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
nice! At least we have them all now lol.
a little update, a success in running the car on E85. injectors are maxed as it hits peak rpm at WOT, not sure of the actual AFRs as I didn't bother with the WB as this is only a test run.
Also with the hose tests I found the in tank line actually swells in alcohol and ends up about 20% larger. I have had the piece out in the open now and it smells of strong alcohol even after 2 days but slowly its reducing in size and beginning to return to original strength. The alcohol must be permeating the rubber throughout and being soaked up like a sponge. Seems to be reversible so thats good.
Goes a bit better at the lower end, suspect the top end is running out of fuel as it seem either the same or bit slower. I was just guessing the timing but need a dyno to get it right. Ended up having something like 32º timing at 5200 @ WOT and certainly no knock, the engine would sometimes knock on 98 with 27º on a hot day. Bad enough that you can rear it inside over the engine noise and radio. So clearly alcohol is a superior fuel in performance terms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkMD124rlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsa0U09H9g
a little update, a success in running the car on E85. injectors are maxed as it hits peak rpm at WOT, not sure of the actual AFRs as I didn't bother with the WB as this is only a test run.
Also with the hose tests I found the in tank line actually swells in alcohol and ends up about 20% larger. I have had the piece out in the open now and it smells of strong alcohol even after 2 days but slowly its reducing in size and beginning to return to original strength. The alcohol must be permeating the rubber throughout and being soaked up like a sponge. Seems to be reversible so thats good.
Goes a bit better at the lower end, suspect the top end is running out of fuel as it seem either the same or bit slower. I was just guessing the timing but need a dyno to get it right. Ended up having something like 32º timing at 5200 @ WOT and certainly no knock, the engine would sometimes knock on 98 with 27º on a hot day. Bad enough that you can rear it inside over the engine noise and radio. So clearly alcohol is a superior fuel in performance terms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkMD124rlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsa0U09H9g
Last edited by vlad01 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
nice work 
fuel levels a bit low hehehe!
fuel levels a bit low hehehe!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:nice work
fuel levels a bit low hehehe!
yeah has 10L or so. The gauges always have a huge reserve. bottom of the range is actually 20L which is 1/3 of an actual tank.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I bought 3 of these, some extra for my stock. At this price, why bother fixing up the old crusty power harness?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VN-Battery-H ... Sw5ZBWMZs0
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VN-Battery-H ... Sw5ZBWMZs0
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah, not worth it.
fixrite are pretty good too.
i got my bezels etc for the foglights for the VX from them.
fixrite are pretty good too.
i got my bezels etc for the foglights for the VX from them.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
i got a lot of stuff from them in recent years. Need to borrow a ute so i can stock a few more bonnet insulations.psyolent wrote:yeah, not worth it.
fixrite are pretty good too.
i got my bezels etc for the foglights for the VX from them.