265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

VK_3800 wrote: Sun Dec 28, 2025 12:05 pm I like the white, is it getting any contrasting colour or trim?
Cheers, I have considered one of the factory stripes but will see once the tarp and stainless tie down bars are installed
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote: Sun Dec 28, 2025 9:37 pm Sand and polish? Wow it looks like a brand new car.
thanks, there is a bit of orange peel to flatten but yes you could polish and be done with it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

Looks good! The feeling of a freshly painted bare body, ready for assembly!
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Cheers, it was fully assembled previously so it shouldn’t take too long to put back together.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

I hope your not like me pulling things apart then ages later looking for all the bits. I'm getting to old to pull things apart.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote: Tue Dec 30, 2025 2:59 am I hope your not like me pulling things apart then ages later looking for all the bits. I'm getting to old to pull things apart.
I should be right this time but will find out soon enough
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

paint looks good man!
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote: Wed Feb 04, 2026 11:11 pm paint looks good man!
Cheers, Time goes so fast these days I didn’t realise how long it’s been since I last posted something. The utes been finished and fully assembled and I will post some pics soon. I waited for so long for the dyno tuner to be ready and then when I got there the other week we realised that the turbine wheel was damaged as it looked like small stones or something had gotten through the air cleaner assembly which sits behind the grill. So that’s at the turbo shop being replaced. One positive from this mission is that I worked out the problem with the Crane CDI that gave me so many problems last year. It was the factory Holden battery positive connection that I hooked the units main power into. Due to old and dodgy crimp It let enough voltage through to light up the power on indicator but not enough to trigger the ignition. I should have known as I had a similar problem with a MSD many years back. As soon as I connected the power feed directly to the battery post connector I started getting it to trigger. Fark me how many hours of my life did that mistake cost me!
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Not the greatest angles but here’s a couple of pics, not sure why the second pic is sideways but if you click into it, it straightens up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by brindo »

Looks really good. It's a credit to you.