Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

vlad i have my shit kia hatch which they would fit in or i can bring the hilux for a run? i could pick them up on the way thru to your place?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:vlad i have my shit kia hatch which they would fit in or i can bring the hilux for a run? i could pick them up on the way thru to your place?
That be awesome if you could. I have a set of door actuators and locks here for you when your up next time.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

lets tee up a weekend man.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

is next weekend any good?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Anyone know where you can buy stepped studs in Oz? seems they dont exist here.

I need a stud M10 on end and M8 on the other so I can mount my one of my knock sensors to the back of my right head.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Dont be lazy, make it...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Dont be lazy, make it...
how?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Are you Tasmanian ? You have a left and right head ? Easy to make if you have access to a lathe
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Take one M10 stud, lathe down one end to M8, tap thread.

You can use my lathe if needed.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yeah taping high tensile aint easy. I fucked up 2 studs doing that on something else.

I have a better idea. A round bar machine down to 20mm of so, drill and tap each side the 2 threads. Use a M10 stud one side and the other is then just a mounding boss where I can use the M8 cap heads I already have to mount the sensor.

HQ, brig some 20mm dia SS bar stock to the get together. We can make a bunch for everyone to use.