ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

Works for me! I can't see how it would cause any problems doing that, it can only affect those of us using an Autoprom and we already have issues :-)

Its always been finicky with connecting using Tunerpro in pass-through mode too, its a lot more stable when in Autoprom mode and doesn't have issues when the key is switched off etc.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

Latest version is working great, XDL log files now open in Tunerpro without modification, thanks!

Haven't actually tried writing a chip yet but have been using everything else, regularly use it for dash and datalogging, as well as uploading the bins to the emulator. The small tablet screen is not ideal for editing the tune but good to have the option when nothing else is available.

I just bounce all the changes back and forth to my desktop machine via Subversion server, the binary file doesn't show changes but its small and still nice to have the ability to go back to any point in time without having to make manual copies all the time, and very convenient.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

Lucky you.

I am still struggling to get mine to link to the ECM. I bought 2 types of OTG cables still does not link. I am thinking the problem is with the ALDI Android. Have not given up though.

What version are you running?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

I got the second update in a week tonight. I'm looking like using it tomorrow I'll report back.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

Latest version is 0.78.

I've always found that the Autoprom (when in full emulator mode) helps with connection issues with Tunerpro as well, I can leave everything connected and switch the ignition on and off without losing the connection etc. When in pass-through mode, which I assume operates as a simple serial connection, it can be a bit finicky.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

I am not using the Autoprom. I am using VL400 USB ALDL adaptor which works fine for every thing else I do.

Went to try again to use the Android which usually turns on quickly. It did eventually turn on but stopped shortly after. Now just has red led showing, probably needs a good charge.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

What version of android is it? Needs to be 3 or higher for OTG support and the hardware needs to support it to. Most do but if its an el cheapo and/or old it may not.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

Connecting and logging a treat today. I see there's a pending update again. I'll finish this car off first.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

My Andriod.


http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/4 ... ablet_249/

"Android tablet running Google's Ice Cream Sandwich software" Andriod 4.0

"the new model (Bauhn AMID-972XS) is powered by a 1.5GHz Amlogic Cortex A9 8726-MX, a newer and faster dual-core processor"

I will have more time later this arvo to give this another shot with ALDLdriod.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

I just bought the cheapest one I could find that had suitable specs, found it new/unused on Trademe for $69:
https://www.pendo.com.au/pendopad/pendo ... ndp5m7blk/

Something not quite right with the bluetooth as it won't get Internet access via my phone, and the battery life is a bit sad but otherwise functional and comes with the USB adapter.