07-2013 GM BCM

ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by ironduke »

radrace19 wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 1:33 am I think I got a handle on it now :)

<Name>HyperFlash</Name>
<SearchStr>EC 15 C4 9B FC @ @ 06 C0 C1</SearchStr>
<Rows>1</Rows>
<Columns>1</Columns>
<RowHeaders />
<ColHeaders />
<Math>X/1</Math>
<Offset>983040</Offset>
<ConditionalOffset>false</ConditionalOffset>
<SignedOffset>false</SignedOffset>
<DataType>UBYTE</DataType>
<Decimals>0</Decimals>
<OutputType>Int</OutputType>
<Min>0</Min>
<Max>255</Max>
<UseHit>1</UseHit>
<Range />
<Segments>1</Segments>
<Units />
<Values />
<RowMajor>true</RowMajor>
<Description>255 to disable</Description>
<MSB>true</MSB>
<DispUnits>Undefined</DispUnits>
</TableSeek>
Fails with this bin though. But yes!!!! lol.. There are people a sh*tload smarter than I am but this is how I worked it out.
BCM.Bench.read.bin
Try this search.. C0 * * 3C * * 15 C4 9B FC @ @ 06 C0 C1 41 AF

The asterisks mean that byte can be anything because I found them to be different there between these 2 bins.
Oh.. btw... been a bit but if your testing this on the bench it'll fail unless you have bulbs connected to the front turn signal ckt's.. There is a byte to turn off detection for those too..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by radrace19 »

ironduke wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 1:58 am
Fails with this bin though. But yes!!!! lol.. There are people a sh*tload smarter than I am but this is how I worked it out.
BCM.Bench.read.bin

Try this search.. C0 * * 3C * * 15 C4 9B FC @ @ 06 C0 C1 41 AF

The asterisks mean that byte can be anything because I found them to be different there between these 2 bins.
Oh.. btw... been a bit but if your testing this on the bench it'll fail unless you have bulbs connected to the front turn signal ckt's.. There is a byte to turn off detection for those too..
No, I tested in the car to find it in the calibration.

Yes, the front hyperflash is a few lines lower ;)

I'll do more testing tonight. I've got cals from 2007-2013 for this BCM. Buick Enclave used this BCM until 2017 & Express van used it 2008-2026
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by ironduke »

radrace19 wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 3:00 pm
ironduke wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 1:58 am
Fails with this bin though. But yes!!!! lol.. There are people a sh*tload smarter than I am but this is how I worked it out.
BCM.Bench.read.bin

Try this search.. C0 * * 3C * * 15 C4 9B FC @ @ 06 C0 C1 41 AF

The asterisks mean that byte can be anything because I found them to be different there between these 2 bins.
Oh.. btw... been a bit but if your testing this on the bench it'll fail unless you have bulbs connected to the front turn signal ckt's.. There is a byte to turn off detection for those too..
No, I tested in the car to find it in the calibration.

Yes, the front hyperflash is a few lines lower ;)

I'll do more testing tonight. I've got cals from 2007-2013 for this BCM. Buick Enclave used this BCM until 2017 & Express van used it 2008-2026
yes on the front hyper byte, lol..
Found some express cutaways have 0xFA for the hyperflash byte, not sure what that means?
I've been checking that search on around a dozen bcm bins and it seems to be working with multiple OS's..
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by radrace19 »

I found an issue with your search on 2009+
Here are some G8 cals if you want to build one to check.
2009_G8_GXP_Auto_Canada.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by ironduke »

radrace19 wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 11:15 pm I found an issue with your search on 2009+
Here are some G8 cals if you want to build one to check.
2009_G8_GXP_Auto_Canada.zip
Here's the bin, my search found it at 0xf0db9 but the byte is 0x08?? Looks right just staring at the bin but I'd have to load it onto my bench bcm to test and it's not currently wired up.
2009_G8_GXP_Auto_Canda.stock.Complete.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by radrace19 »

Yes, 0x08 in that file is correct
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by ironduke »

radrace19 wrote: Thu Jan 22, 2026 3:40 am Yes, 0x08 in that file is correct
Can you post up one that had an issue?? Wouldn't surprise me that the search would have to be revised.. remote start search is at about revision 15, lol..
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by radrace19 »

Seems to work with all the bins I’ve tried now.

I was out at the races
IMG_9447.jpeg
IMG_9449.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by gmtech825 »

has anyone successfully enabled the rear emergency light flashers in one of these? from what i've found it looks like the input to the BCM is the same pin as the fog light switch
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by radrace19 »

gmtech825 wrote: Thu Jan 29, 2026 7:11 pm has anyone successfully enabled the rear emergency light flashers in one of these? from what i've found it looks like the input to the BCM is the same pin as the fog light switch
This is what I have found. I have not tested it yet.
BCM - X2 - Pin 19
Ground switched