Vy commodore

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vy commodore

Post by immortality »

Wade wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 8:19 pm Check this out. This is pretty cool. Buick grand national intercooler setup. They used an engine driven fan off the water pump which draws the air through the intercooler. With an air dam picking up fresh air from under the front of the car. There would probably be enough room in the commodores to do something similar I reckon.
Yes. Air management is critical. It would be interesting to see how much air goes around the radiator on a Commodore because of gaps around it and the same would be true for a intercooler mounted in front of it.

Whenever you try to force air through something you are creating a high pressure zone in front of said thing and all around it( Above, below etc) are low pressure zones and the air will try to take the path of least resistance.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Yeah that’s very true mate. That’s why I’m keen to use the gauges and do some testing. Will definitely be interesting
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

I ended pulling the trigger on 1 of those bundy tube bead rollers that vlad was talking about the other day. So I’ll see how well that works over the coming days when I’ve got time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vy commodore

Post by immortality »

I have a 3/8" one and seemed to work fine on copper pipe.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

That’s good to hear 🤘
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Well that works ok. Would be nice if it gave a slightly deeper bead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Pretending to be a professional fabricator in my fully decked out workshop 👌
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Muncie
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
Location: New Zealand Waikato

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Muncie »

Could be worse i posted pics on an NZ forum where I have my build thread and my certifier comments on what I did wrong for all to see.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

😆 I watch welding vids on YouTube. Definitely seems to be an industry where there’s 100 people telling you what you’ve done wrong and only 2-3 people that give good advice. Thankfully I can’t weld for shit and I’ve never had any training lol. Something I’ve always been interested in though.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

As long as ya actually trying and giving things a go, that’s the main thing. Fuck the haters. And learn from those willing to help or teach 👌👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.