I just had to googe Sam Fox never I've never heard of her. I must be the wrong vintage.
Also I've never heard of a 300 baud modem. Gee you guys must be old
Vlad's rides thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
lol 300 baud. I had a heap of those laying around when I was a kid. I managed to get them to work on win95 version Dpsyolent wrote:see antus i think you're my generation. i wasn't privleged enough to have color and a disk drive, albeit non standard 3" type. i had the 464 with green screen we bought from billy guyatts so no bank switching for me. my mate had the 664 and my wife ironically had the 6128. i still have the red amstrad book at home buried away somewhere too. pffft, 56K modems, jeezus, i started with an apple 300 baud modem logging on to BBS' as my internet. watching sam fox' tits render line by line in black and white was fucking awesome - let me give you the mail.
so who remembers trumpet winsock and all that shit you had to get, to get an IP stack running under 3.1.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
How old are you then? I wouldn't call most of us old on the forum.Dylan wrote:I just had to googe Sam Fox never I've never heard of her. I must be the wrong vintage.
Also I've never heard of a 300 baud modem. Gee you guys must be old
I would say the average age here is mid 30s
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I was doing punch cards at school
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I have read about those in history books.
I grew up with the GUI, windows and mac OS and the birth of the modern browser orientated internet.
90s kid
I grew up with the GUI, windows and mac OS and the birth of the modern browser orientated internet.
90s kid
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Friends of ours had the Amtrac, we had a Commodore 64 with tape drive which we brought with us when we moved from Europe to NZ in 88. Later we had the Amiga 500, I still have 2 of these sitting in the garage somewhere. I think our first modem at home was 9600 baud with an early Pentium processor. I started programming in basic many years later at school, top of the class but didn't continue with it when life took a different direction after leaving school.psyolent wrote:see antus i think you're my generation. i wasn't privleged enough to have color and a disk drive, albeit non standard 3" type. i had the 464 with green screen we bought from billy guyatts so no bank switching for me. my mate had the 664 and my wife ironically had the 6128. i still have the red amstrad book at home buried away somewhere too. pffft, 56K modems, jeezus, i started with an apple 300 baud modem logging on to BBS' as my internet. watching sam fox' tits render line by line in black and white was fucking awesome - let me give you the mail.
so who remembers trumpet winsock and all that shit you had to get, to get an IP stack running under 3.1.
I was never a fan of Fox but yes, line by line...... LOL
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
line by line, pixel by pixel. man. 43 years young now. i rocked the 70's baby and well the 80's best time ever. they made the VH SLE. nothing else matters.
don't get me going on Amigas. I have 12 of them. just need a 1000 and a 3000, 4000 and i will have them all. they are so BLOODY expensive now.
don't get me going on Amigas. I have 12 of them. just need a 1000 and a 3000, 4000 and i will have them all. they are so BLOODY expensive now.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Anyone remember the 3dfx voodoo banshee and then the first nvidia geforce cards?
Those revolutionized 3d graphics and gaming. So much nostalgia when I see those old graphics cards.
Those revolutionized 3d graphics and gaming. So much nostalgia when I see those old graphics cards.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10017
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah, i had a monster 3d which was a voodoo2 I think. Maybe still do, out in the shed. Vga passthrough cable to overlay the 3d over 2d. No such thing as drivers for them in dos, so the games were hard coded for that card, or no support. First modem was a 2400baud. Joined up to Adam BBS (prior to becoming Adam internet -> iinet -> tpg). Was the biggest BBS in Australia at the time. 32 lines (most boards were 1 or 2 only). Anyone play BBS doorway games http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0 ... =10,00.asp ? Anyone else remember sitting there with telix on redial trying to get through to your favourite BBS for hours when it was engaged?
As for winsock, yes I remember that, and have win 3.1 vm installed just to stir up my workmates (also wanted to see if it was possible)
have commander keen in there too... but dont have any tcp stack configured (probably a good thing...) 
As for winsock, yes I remember that, and have win 3.1 vm installed just to stir up my workmates (also wanted to see if it was possible)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Also had an Amiga 500.
Thought it was so good back then
Think my first modem was 14.4k
Thought it was so good back then
Think my first modem was 14.4k