CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by HQ355 »

Looking good !
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Dazza92VP »

good to see the trivial stuff out of the way and back on to more important things :lol: . could stick a nice calais or statesman variable steering rack on there make it nice and easy to get the trailer into places. mounts are looking good wont be able to tell they've even been fitted once painted look factory fitted.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thanks guys, trying to get that factory look if I can!

power steering is something I've wondered about, some of the Bedford forum people put ford transit power racks into them, but honestly the steering has never been that heavy in mine that I would want it, and that was with a small sports wheel that came on it.... time will tell I guess .... I did see inline electric power steering units though which did make me wonder hehe :)

your right dazza the stuff I had to do on the brakes was a bit trivial but I am glad I have nutted out all the finer details and know now that it is just a matter of bolting it all back on after painting etc and it will be done!
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Dazza92VP »

Sorry I was having a poke at the Missus taking up your time building her studio haha brakes are not so trivial and was definitely interesting to see how you adapted them.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

ahh right yeah, well you know what they say, happy wife happy life :P trivial maybe, mandatory definitely heheh

when I drove this thing home originally the brakes worked okish ... pulled to one side a bit and the pedal pulsated a bit ... I just made sure I kept my distance and braked early etc.

when I got time to look into them I pulled the rear passenger side drum off and the shoes fell out of it ... yeah that would be the pulsation and pulling I am figuring lol

either way the VT twins/rear discs should solve all and any problems in that department for a long time to come!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

soo I found this program on the Bedford forum that allows you to mock up most commodores, and also has the Bedford in it :punk:

http://commoconfigurator.net/

so I got to making my van how I want it to be :) the colour will probably be slightly lighter than this but you get the general idea !!
bedford mock 1-1.jpg
bedford mock 2-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by VL400 »

I like it :thumbup:

Pretty cool program to mockup colours and styles.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I had a play with it. pretty cool actually.

it skips VP and VR models though... Booo!
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Dazza92VP »

no it does vp you have to use the vn and it gives options for vp vq and vn guards tail light and so on
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by delcowizzid »

cheapest easiest way to get powersteer is swift or barina electronic colomn and swap in they have like a starter motor hanging off the side of the colomn itself inside the car and is easy setup with variable strength with a variable resistor :D i have a couple of guys wih early corollas using them for powersteer conversions so as not to need to weld on new rack mounts and mess with bumpsteer
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem