265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

That's right A6 is ignition. What pun are you using for fuel pump relay?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Should be A1 by the Camira wiring diagram
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

Yep A1 is fuel pump relay, and its the positive side of the relay connection, so the other side needs to be grounded....

assuming that is right and your not getting a fuel pump prime on key on then I'd be looking at the memcal ..... the blue light should stay on for 2 seconds after key off, if it goes off straight away that's probably your issue.

even if you have a stock memcal, throw it in and it will at least allow you to key on and test fuel pump etc....

PIN C16 and B1 are constant power from battery.

A6 is ignition power.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

All good, the blue light stays on for about 2 seconds after turning the ignition off and I this time I heard a second click of a relay after turning the key on. But I didn't get the second click every time I turned the key on and off, only some of the times. Maybe this is how the ECM is configured. TunerPro found the hardware and I loaded up 12P XDF,I will have to keep reading as I am not sure what is next.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

Does A6 stay powered up with the key in the cranking position?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I dont have the ignition hooked up yet so the ECM won't get any signal from the distributor reference input. I will look at the fuel pump relay later once I have the motor running on ignition only
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

you need to turn the ignition off and wait for a few seconds for the ECM to power off before turning it back on or the fuel pump relay wont re-energise :thumbup:
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I apologise in a advance because this is going to be a real basic question.

I have the NVRAM installed, the plug in is configured and TunerPro found the hardware. I read the NVRAM board is pre-loaded with the RT bin I Chose (VN) so does that mean I don't need to play with Bin files at the moment, however I did notice there were V6 and v8 bins in the 12P folder?

I just remember that the VN advance is set at 60 degrees and that the Camira module needs 10 degrees.

I found this 'to get OSE12P working just download the package below and burn the bin –there are V6 and V8 bins'

To do this in Tuner Pro do I just go open bin and choose the v6 bin file from the 12P folder then upload current bin to Emulator.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

If it was me I would use real time editing, press the down arrow to download the current tune into tuner pro, then press the button on the bar for emulation, then find and change the reference angle to what you want, then once you've done that and any other changes, you can use the flash tool to download the entire bin file or just the cal file if you want, then that can be your backup and base file to work from.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks for the reply Sam. I think I am starting to get me head around it and yes I will use Real time editing as this will save heaps of messing about, I found the emulation section under the Tuner Pro help and it explains what to do. What I was getting confused with was .BIN files, there are four V6 files to choose from in the 12P bin folder are they all ok to load or are some specific for different applications. Cheers
Last edited by heff0018 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.