OK, I'll grab some Tahoe PPV files later on and we can compare. This might be nice for my plow truck, haven't installed strobes yet, was looking at a roof beacon setup but this sounds like it might suffice. I only plow my driveway with it so it'll be a lot better than hazards which is what I use now, lol..radrace19 wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 5:20 pmThe 2011-2013 Caprice in the US was only available as a PPV.ironduke wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 4:59 pmoh geez.. brain cramp.. I thought the 1st cal you posted was from a ppv.. I didn't pay attention, sorry..radrace19 wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2026 4:36 pm Here is the 2013 Caprice PPV lighting cal.
4-92290401.bin
I don't have a 2013 Tahoe PPV file currently
for 2013 BCM with OS 22820316 it looks like lighting cals 22862404 or 22862405 are used with ppv vehicles.
I can pull cals later so we'll have one..
For the caprice ppv do you have a vin or have some cal numbers for the lighting of a non ppv vehicle?
I have the Australian version at home, but they will have more slight changes.
07-2013 GM BCM
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
This is a tahoe PPV bin
This is the lighting segment.
Not sure when I'll get time to test myself, but probably in the next day or two.
Don't have time for a full test but not seeing anything with the ppv bin and grounding pin 21 of X3.
Tried pin 19 of X2 just for the fun of it, nothing..
Only have directionals wired up currently with some 194 bulbs. Can try wiring up some backup bulbs later.
Found out the Vin I have does NOT have the RPO I think I need? paste from SI below.
Exterior Lamp Emergency Flashing System - SEO 6J7
SEO 6J7 provides a high-beam headlamps flashing module, rear lamps flashing and control wire for a customer-furnished switch to turn the module on or off. The flasher control wire is coiled under the center of the instrument panel. This control lead may be combined with the interior wiring leads for SEO 6J3 when that option is ordered with SEO 6J7.
The headlamps flashing module is located below the passenger side front headlamp and forward of the passenger side front wheel. The module is connected to an inline connector in the forward lamp harness. The headlamps flashing module is activated by the application of 12 volts to a dark green/red wire coiled in the passenger side footwell. When activated, the driver and passenger side high-beam headlamps and the high-beam instrument panel cluster light will flash alternately at 2.4 flashes per second.
When the headlamps flashing module is turned on, the module sends a signal to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM alternately flashes the stop lamps and backup lamps. Depressing the brake pedal will override the stop lamp flashing and placing the transmission in reverse will override the backup lamp flashing.
Activation of the headlamp and rearlamp flashing can be separated by opening the dark-blue/yellow BCM circuit at the flasher module connector, C122–F, and applying a customer-switched ground to the harness side of the wire in the connector.
During daylight conditions, the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) are automatically turned off whenever the headlamps flasher module is activated. During nighttime conditions, the low-beam headlamps turn on automatically while the high-beam headlamps flash. Turning on the high-beam headlamps manually with the turn signal/multifunction lever will override the flashing module and the high-beam headlamps will operate continuously.
Don't have time for a full test but not seeing anything with the ppv bin and grounding pin 21 of X3.
Tried pin 19 of X2 just for the fun of it, nothing..
Only have directionals wired up currently with some 194 bulbs. Can try wiring up some backup bulbs later.
Found out the Vin I have does NOT have the RPO I think I need? paste from SI below.
Exterior Lamp Emergency Flashing System - SEO 6J7
SEO 6J7 provides a high-beam headlamps flashing module, rear lamps flashing and control wire for a customer-furnished switch to turn the module on or off. The flasher control wire is coiled under the center of the instrument panel. This control lead may be combined with the interior wiring leads for SEO 6J3 when that option is ordered with SEO 6J7.
The headlamps flashing module is located below the passenger side front headlamp and forward of the passenger side front wheel. The module is connected to an inline connector in the forward lamp harness. The headlamps flashing module is activated by the application of 12 volts to a dark green/red wire coiled in the passenger side footwell. When activated, the driver and passenger side high-beam headlamps and the high-beam instrument panel cluster light will flash alternately at 2.4 flashes per second.
When the headlamps flashing module is turned on, the module sends a signal to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM alternately flashes the stop lamps and backup lamps. Depressing the brake pedal will override the stop lamp flashing and placing the transmission in reverse will override the backup lamp flashing.
Activation of the headlamp and rearlamp flashing can be separated by opening the dark-blue/yellow BCM circuit at the flasher module connector, C122–F, and applying a customer-switched ground to the harness side of the wire in the connector.
During daylight conditions, the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) are automatically turned off whenever the headlamps flasher module is activated. During nighttime conditions, the low-beam headlamps turn on automatically while the high-beam headlamps flash. Turning on the high-beam headlamps manually with the turn signal/multifunction lever will override the flashing module and the high-beam headlamps will operate continuously.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
6J7 might be needed.
Page 97 in this PDF
https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/u ... _FINAL.pdf
Edit:
Nope, I found a VIN that has 6J7 and it used the same lighting cal
1GNLC2E00DR213161 - 6J7 2013 Tahoe
Page 97 in this PDF
https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/u ... _FINAL.pdf
Edit:
Nope, I found a VIN that has 6J7 and it used the same lighting cal
1GNLC2E00DR213161 - 6J7 2013 Tahoe
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Not in front of a computer now til tomorrow.. wonder what/if other cals are different? I’m assuming the change would be in the lighting segment but maybe not. Too bad the pdf doesn’t show where that blue/green wire is connected at the bcm..radrace19 wrote: Tue Feb 03, 2026 12:33 am 6J7 might be needed.
Page 97 in this PDF
https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/u ... _FINAL.pdf
Edit:
Nope, I found a VIN that has 6J7 and it used the same lighting cal
1GNLC2E00DR213161 - 6J7 2013 Tahoe
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
The upfitter page does not say what pin in the BCM, BUT it does give the circuit number of 6841 on page 99ironduke wrote: Tue Feb 03, 2026 1:57 amNot in front of a computer now til tomorrow.. wonder what/if other cals are different? I’m assuming the change would be in the lighting segment but maybe not. Too bad the pdf doesn’t show where that blue/green wire is connected at the bcm..radrace19 wrote: Tue Feb 03, 2026 12:33 am 6J7 might be needed.
Page 97 in this PDF
https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/u ... _FINAL.pdf
Edit:
Nope, I found a VIN that has 6J7 and it used the same lighting cal
1GNLC2E00DR213161 - 6J7 2013 Tahoe
6841 traces back to x2 pin 21 - Front Fog Lamp Switch Signal (T96) OR Upfitter Provision (PPV or 5W4) in the service manual.
No difference in cal numbers
1GNLC2E00DR213161
22820316 - Operating system
22862437 - System
22862449 - Charging/Energy Storage
22862404 - Interior/Exterior lighting
22862461 - Wiper Control
22862443 - Locking
22862430 - Theft deterrent alarm
22862460 - HVAC Control
22862462 - Powertrain Control
22862454 - Chassis Control
22862458 - Driveline
1GNLC2E03DR373129
22820316 - Operating system
22862437 - System
22862449 - Charging/Energy Storage
22862404 - Interior/Exterior lighting
22862461 - Wiper Control
22862443 - Locking
22862430 - Theft deterrent alarm
22862460 - HVAC Control
22862462 - Powertrain Control
22862454 - Chassis Control
22862458 - Driveline
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Yup, I shouldn't have but I just went to my desk and did the exact same research.. I wrote the OS and cals to my bench BCM but it's not doing anything on the brake lamps or reverse lamp outputs.. Was hopeful, Might just be the bench wiring doesn't have everything wired it needs.. I know it has brake sensor codes, etc from missing so much wiring.
My plow truck has foglamps, well it did, anyways the programming would need to be changed but if I pushed these calls for a test my foglamp switch should activate the flashing for an easy test to determine if it's at least feasable and works..
My plow truck has foglamps, well it did, anyways the programming would need to be changed but if I pushed these calls for a test my foglamp switch should activate the flashing for an easy test to determine if it's at least feasable and works..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I have tried a few switches in the lighting segment, even turned off my foglamps switch in the cal and held the fog lamp switch to see if they would activate the flashing rear lights, no luck. i wonder if it is something in the system segment and not the lighting segment. I also saw in the upfitter manual that fog lights didnt look to be available on the 6j7 vehicles so it may be correct that it is the circuit for the foglights switch that triggers them. I was looking for this for plowing since I have to back into the road when plowing my driveway. I have the cals from a 2012 6j7 ppv tahoe vehicle if you guys want them.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I'll take the cals. I'll write them to the bench bcm and see if it works on that.. I might not have everything wired up that's needed as I stopped powering all the fuses when I could read and write to it, lol.. I did add some directionals and now a 194 bulb on the backup ckt..gmtech825 wrote: Tue Feb 03, 2026 1:19 pm I have tried a few switches in the lighting segment, even turned off my foglamps switch in the cal and held the fog lamp switch to see if they would activate the flashing rear lights, no luck. i wonder if it is something in the system segment and not the lighting segment. I also saw in the upfitter manual that fog lights didnt look to be available on the 6j7 vehicles so it may be correct that it is the circuit for the foglights switch that triggers them. I was looking for this for plowing since I have to back into the road when plowing my driveway. I have the cals from a 2012 6j7 ppv tahoe vehicle if you guys want them.
Edited.. I wasn't really awake yet, lol.. Yeah I have been at work for over 2 hours but that doesn't count.
I have the files from above, per radrace19 the OS and cals are the same.. I can try and find time to write all the cals to my plow truck and try it.. maybe this weekend but we're setting up for a superbowl party Sunday so maybe not..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
ah i see, so the difference may be the PPV option not the 6j7 option that enables it. I noticed neither one of those VINs looks to have fog lights either
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I am finding a few possible issues.. Comparing schematics and pinouts for something like backup lights is showing different pins between a Silverado and a Tahoe.
2013 Tahoe backup relay output from BCM is X2 pin 22.. On the Silverado pin 22 of X2 is ckt 43 accessory voltage(except mex) but there is no mex connector shown?
2013 Silverado backup relay output from bcm is X5 pin 11.. On the Tahoe that same pin is ckt 43 ignition voltage
2013 Tahoe is showing X5 pin 7 as ckt 38 for backup control but I didn't see that in the schematic, just end view?
In any case it might get confusing.
2013 Tahoe backup relay output from BCM is X2 pin 22.. On the Silverado pin 22 of X2 is ckt 43 accessory voltage(except mex) but there is no mex connector shown?
2013 Silverado backup relay output from bcm is X5 pin 11.. On the Tahoe that same pin is ckt 43 ignition voltage
2013 Tahoe is showing X5 pin 7 as ckt 38 for backup control but I didn't see that in the schematic, just end view?
In any case it might get confusing.