Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:holy shit on VHS. we have the green variant of that rug. i think everyone has a fuckari rug these days.
we have tons of vhs. our tv is still crt and hasn't been used in 10 years.

I also have the green rug :lol: which used to be in that very room
User avatar
Circlotron
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Circlotron »

HSV
VSH
VHS

Man, all these TLAs!
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

TV is shit anyway. if it was up to me we'd have a TV but no aerial or anything. watch streamed stuff only.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yeah just to keep the family entertained. they have been bothering me to sort it out for years and I did just that today.

hooray digital TV! not for me though, I don't give a shit and go another 10 years without watching.


Anyways I am going to invest in a dial inch-pound WB torque wrench and a hydraulic press so I can build the T5 myself.

Still going to get the trans place to assemble the main shaft with the kit they have sitting there and do all the tolerance checking and what not, but I want to assemble the rest as you know I want to keep it looking Vlad spec :lol:
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

yeah. ours on the roof is stuffed. but i pay for foxtel crap. which gives the usual poisonous channels.
make it another 50 years of avoiding that shit.

i must get a press myself.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by VK_3800 »

Good call, T5s are pretty easy to work with and no-one ever takes as much care with our cars as we do ourselves
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by OZ38 »

vlad01 wrote:

Anyways I am going to invest in a dial inch-pound WB torque wrench and a hydraulic press so I can build the T5 myself.

Still going to get the trans place to assemble the main shaft with the kit they have sitting there and do all the tolerance checking and what not, but I want to assemble the rest as you know I want to keep it looking Vlad spec :lol:
I am doing the same in the hopefully not to distant future. I have the wb inch pound tension wrench (it is not the dial type) & access to press. Was there a reason your looking at the dial type tension wrench ?

I have a how to rebuild a T5 book & a lot of new bits, so hopefully it goes together well.

Cheers
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Yep, I have a press and mini lathe on my wish list. I currently have access to a full workshop at work but will probably loose that shortly.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

OZ38 wrote:
vlad01 wrote:

Anyways I am going to invest in a dial inch-pound WB torque wrench and a hydraulic press so I can build the T5 myself.

Still going to get the trans place to assemble the main shaft with the kit they have sitting there and do all the tolerance checking and what not, but I want to assemble the rest as you know I want to keep it looking Vlad spec :lol:
I am doing the same in the hopefully not to distant future. I have the wb inch pound tension wrench (it is not the dial type) & access to press. Was there a reason your looking at the dial type tension wrench ?

I have a how to rebuild a T5 book & a lot of new bits, so hopefully it goes together well.

Cheers
dial ones allows measurement of continuous values where other types only show when a value has been exceeded, useless in dynamic torque measurements situation such as measuring bearing drag. Main issue is static torque will be greater than dynamic so it will always trip a standard wrench before actually measuring the real value, ie. overcoming the initial force to make it turn.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Yep, I have a press and mini lathe on my wish list. I currently have access to a full workshop at work but will probably loose that shortly.
They are only 200 from most tool shops for a 12 ton. 500 for a 20 ton. Very cheap these days and not bad quality.

I have a SCA engine crane and only thing I improved on is polishing the shaft to prevent the rough finish destroying the seals and its worked flawlessly for the last 4 years.


Im looking at a total tools press, 12 ton is heaps for what I need.

I have used many total tools own brand tools for years at work and they are very good quality and for the price you can't complain.