VN-VS front sway bar links, downgrading (aka upgrading?)

For non EFI mechanical discussion
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VN-VS front sway bar links, downgrading (aka upgrading?)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I am running the nolthane ones atm, so far so good. much better turning response with them too over the OEM rubber ones
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:I have after market double ball joint link arms on the missus VS. Still going strong now for more than 2 years as recommended by a local suspension outfit.

Previously I have replaced standard arms and used urethane type bushes but they never lasted.

On my VN I have gone back to the earlier design where the link arm connects to the lower control arm AKA VB-VL design. That and the strut brace with the standard sway bar the front of the car is a lot more stable than it was before with the factory set up.

what brand is the ball joint links?

I have been thinking of strut brace but not sure it would fit in VP with ecotec?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

you can get the white line strut brace but make sure its the mid mount one otherwise the rear mount one hits the accumulator for the a/c and the brake master cylinder it may have worked for vl and earlier prob cause the cylinder was lower but wont work on vn to vp
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

these were the best and most expensive links I could find, the others on ebay were heaps cheaper and looked it too.

any opinions?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-F ... 4171ccec89
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

I bought a whiteline swaybar for my VT and it came with ball joint links, so perhaps try them?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

mmmm nah, don't like white line, their products don't fit or designed right, they just try to copy K mac. K mac are way better.

Had some white line bars, they didn't fit right and were so thick its was beyond ridiculous. Sold them and bought K mac :thumbup:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:
immortality wrote:I have after market double ball joint link arms on the missus VS. Still going strong now for more than 2 years as recommended by a local suspension outfit.

Previously I have replaced standard arms and used urethane type bushes but they never lasted.

On my VN I have gone back to the earlier design where the link arm connects to the lower control arm AKA VB-VL design. That and the strut brace with the standard sway bar the front of the car is a lot more stable than it was before with the factory set up.

what brand is the ball joint links?

I have been thinking of strut brace but not sure it would fit in VP with ecotec?
Not sure to be honest, it was supplied by my local suspension place, SAS suspension in Manukau City which of course means nothing to you :think:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

can you get me some pics?

I would be very interested in getting a set. my nolthane ones are loosing the sway bar efficiency already, only been a month or two.

ball joints wouldn't get this problem.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The ones I have look exactly the the ebay listing that Trikky had in his post on the previous page.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

oh didn't see that, I'll just buy those then.

thanks.