connection errors with TP

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Jayme

Re: connection errors with TP

Post by Jayme »

right click the plugin file and go to properties, select security tab, you should have 3 entries by default... SYSTEM, your username and Administrators. all 3 should have allow full control ticked.
as I said... its a long shot but its possible for ntfs permissions to cause these types of issues. only other thing I can think of is make sure your user is an administrator not a limited user and maybe try right clicking tunerpro and click run as admin for shits and giggles.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks Jayme, had a look, all have full control.

User is admin.

Im lost
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

might be time to ask mark from tunerpro.net?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for all your advise everyone, I thought that may be on the cards, I'll send an email to Mark tonight.

Will post what happens, hopefully this will help someone in the future.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hey guys, got some result with this -

http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=3673

I can now see and select the plugin but, won't allow me to configure it :rant:

I can select cable echo, speed, vehicle type, just not com port... Also window won't close with the ok button - have to use the 'X' :comp:

the reason Im posting on this is Im sure mark will say this is not a problem he can fix?...
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Make sure other programs (like the flashtool) are not open as they may be using the com port.

Am sure you have tried it, but a proper reboot of a laptop can sometimes help if you tend to use the sleep/hibernate option when the screen is closed.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for that, yeah never leave the laptop in sleep mode (eats battery) always tried from a reboot

Deleted Flashtool, same

This is the dyno computer, it uses comm ports... (dyno, weather station, etc..) don't have access to mod the settings?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Can you post up a screen shot? The plugin asks windows for a list of com ports and then gives you them in the drop down box.

But, if buttons flat out arnt working then there is something very odd about your system. Screen shots may help.

There is a also a program called dbgview available for free from microsoft. You can get it here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/sysi ... 96647.aspx

If you run that and then run tuner pro, select the plugin etc, it will log what its doing and it will be visible in dbgview. Post up those logs and they might give some answers.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I had similar problems. Initially I had the plugin in the Libraries/documents/tunerpro/plugins folder. I then moved the ose file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\TunerPro RT location and it now works fine.

I'm running win 7 64bit. with the latest versions of Tunerpro RT and OSEpluggin.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

For the record, that is not the correct loction and not recommended by Mark who wrote tunerpro. If that fixes it - great! But this is more a message to random readers who may find this thread in the future. The correct location is here, and does work on all my win 7 64 bit machines.
Attachments
oseplugin.dll location.png
oseplugin.dll location.png (87.04 KiB) Viewed 4929 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396