VY idle problems urgent help (solved)
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
The engine will still run on the VT bin, its just the data going to the dash from the PCM that will be all messed up.
-
l67 vy
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
ok. so I will first try get it running on the vt bin then ill get a programmer and fix it later. ill try all those things you suggested. anything else I can try? now I just goto wait till daylight so I don't wake the neighbours lol
-
l67 vy
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
also would you have any idea what may be causing the miss?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
Maybe something intermittant in the CAS or ign system that has now totally failed causing no spark?
-
l67 vy
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
hmm it does say in my log cam signal missing. but ive only ever seen this when the cars not cranking, so I assume it should be like that. ill have a look tomorrow thanks mate
-
l67 vy
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am
Re: VY idle problems urgent help
ok so ive found the problem. and shes now running.
the problem was I pinched a fuel injector lead under the fuel rail bolt. causing it to short.
here is a log of her driving excuse the knock shes going to require lots of tuning.
here is a log of her driving excuse the knock shes going to require lots of tuning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.