cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

thanks guys for the input.
.....with the booster pushrod you have to remove the head off it and cut a slot in it, so it sits flush/locktite it in.
am also told that the hole in the rod which attaches to the brake pedal needs to be welded up & relocated - can anyone validate this?

vlad...........yeah it is. she will kill my ass if i come home with another motor.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I have a feling with the vs booster your pedal attachment will be right.
With VT theres some mods to be done there.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

VT booster using VS bracket will need the hole moved in the rod, but if you were to use a new bracket made specifically to suit then you just need to drill out the original hole to the correct size.

I tried modifying a VS booster bracket and if you ask me it's a dodgy way to go. The other really important thing is to ditch the factory support bracket that bolt onto the front of the MC to strut tower and make a decent one from steel or alloy bar/plate because the firewall has a fair amount of flex in it and the factory support bracket really doesn't do much to stop it.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Upgrading that strut tower bracket is the way to go. I made one out of heavier steel as well.
I had a new bracket folded up to mount the booster to tbe firewall. Was tricky to work out.
immortality

Post by immortality »

There is a guy in NZ who supplies ready made brackets, very well made too. I have used a couple of em now, makes it a bolt on job with no fiddling other than drilling out the hole.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Do you have a link to that?
immortality

Post by immortality »

They turn up on trademe occasionally but I don't see any listings today unfortunately.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

a good bit of triangulation in that strut tower bracket would go a long way to be honest, although the gauge of it doesnt help neither.
i guess for the avg mum and dad shopping run its enough, but, for those of us who use their brakes in a more passionate way an upgrade has merit :)
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

ps bursons sell the v6 sump gasket as a rubber item. they dont stock the cork one any more. its a permaseal jobby and was 27 bucks.
Cheers,

vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

cork is not what you want, so rubber it is!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.