yeah i agree, fault codes should tell you if its a vats issue or not.
also, is it a park/neutral switch type of issue ?
Vt hsv conversion won't run
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
If you leave it up to the pcm it's like the old inhibitor switch problem but if I earth the start relay myself it turns over every time
I will get the cable so I can read the codes as it's hard work without them
I will get the cable so I can read the codes as it's hard work without them
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
i've got one of those you can borrow in the meantime. i am down the road in hoppers. in your conversion do you have the port that normally goes under the steering column for diags wired in to use?
i had a very similar issue with an ecotec v6 motor in my VN. turns out the engine loom on the engine was wrong for the PCM/BCM. i swapped that out and it came good. prior to that i had to jump the starter relay to make it go.
you sure your switch has +12v at start and run time during crank?
i had a very similar issue with an ecotec v6 motor in my VN. turns out the engine loom on the engine was wrong for the PCM/BCM. i swapped that out and it came good. prior to that i had to jump the starter relay to make it go.
you sure your switch has +12v at start and run time during crank?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
Put the old VN setup back on it, map is better than maf
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
i held back on that commentHQ355 wrote:Put the old VN setup back on it, map is better than maf
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
I work in laverton so no problem getting to hoppers.psyolent wrote:i've got one of those you can borrow in the meantime. i am down the road in hoppers. in your conversion do you have the port that normally goes under the steering column for diags wired in to use?
i had a very similar issue with an ecotec v6 motor in my VN. turns out the engine loom on the engine was wrong for the PCM/BCM. i swapped that out and it came good. prior to that i had to jump the starter relay to make it go.
you sure your switch has +12v at start and run time during crank?
I have even been to the trouble of running another start circuit loom
I have considered changing it back
to MAP but don't have the loom or dizzy from the vn anymore but that's not hard to replace.
I will persevere with what I have for now
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
HQ355 wrote:Put the old VN setup back on it, map is better than maf
Yep, makes sense
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
stick with what you have. i will dig the USB dongle up tonight in a minute. PM me for details man and I'll throw it your way for a crack.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
should be a PM waiting for you man. ping me when you leave work the USB cable and dongle sitting here for ya mate.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
Trying to data log with a cable a member has let me use (thanks again to that person)
I cant seem to be able to load my definition file in tunerpro, when I go to the folder its not there to select yet when I go into the folder it's in on my laptop it's there. If I copy & paste it then try & open it a message comes up saying adx load failure. What am I doing wrong? xdf downloaded from here.
I can also see the parameters on the left in tunerpro
I cant seem to be able to load my definition file in tunerpro, when I go to the folder its not there to select yet when I go into the folder it's in on my laptop it's there. If I copy & paste it then try & open it a message comes up saying adx load failure. What am I doing wrong? xdf downloaded from here.
I can also see the parameters on the left in tunerpro