rolls wrote:Yep take a close up photo with your phone and you will see the pin numbers on the plug. Once you have it working depin all the wires you don't need and it will neaten it up a fair bit.
Thanks guys, i am making a loom so dont have the factory plug
But I assume you are both looking at the PCM header plug (which I can see is numbered)
Any tricks to get it to read on the bench? Not having much luck
How are you attaching to the PCM if you don't have a plug? Alligator clips?
All of the pins I've got wires to are required to read/write the device. See the photo vs the pinout, its a mirror image. You need an ignition switch as well feeding power to 38C/361B,361C,1838C as you need to toggle this when flashing.
Thanks, the picture is very helpful
Im using small TYCO pins that fit the PCM end and BOSCH pins for the OBD plug on the HP tuner dongle
I get "detect protocol failed" with HP tuners when trying to read
rolls wrote:Have you ever used this loom before on another PCM?
Im just trying to bench tune it to remove the PATS etc then the auto electrician can wire it up, I do not have a loom, i am simply using wires and pins/sockets that fit the PCM pins
I've had a similar problem before with my HPT cable & found it was due to a electrical component blown inside the HPT case & never found out why but 99% sure it was because I had original bench wiring wrong when I tested once or just too much power from power supply when originally connecting(ign on/off sequence).
VX L67 Getrag wrote:I've had a similar problem before with my HPT cable & found it was due to a electrical component blown inside the HPT case & never found out why but 99% sure it was because I had original bench wiring wrong when I tested once or just too much power from power supply when originally connecting(ign on/off sequence).
I have looked at the HP tuner cable and all is fine, I have tried a new SCT handheld and this also can not detect protocal
So I think we have 1 of the following
1. faulty ecu
2. locked ecu
3. operator error ( i have checked my pin connections so many times and the diagram in the 1st post, so dont think this is the issue)