Yeah I know that feeling, been clearing stuff myself and trying to rid the VR, but stuff is near impossible to sell atm, economy is totally rat shit.
Finally sold my NOS rare spares bonnet insulation, less than half the price from the current Rare's price. Sold after 13 months listed on ebay. Times are dire it seems. All watchers on ebay, but no buyers.
Anyway, I had the same idea for the fuel pump setup once, but how did the clearance to the floor go? I think when I measured it out, it wasn't enough for the hoses and cables to go through for a similar aftermarket fuel pump/cell unit, so I assume you have clearanced the floor in the boot or an access panel?
Retrotech Lc Gtr
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
First thought was modify tank straps to drop tank down an inch so hoses will clear bracing near tank...still might try that idea.
But ended up buying fuel tank straps for larger 80 litre tank guessing might be 2 inch gap now lol.
Not 100% confident with tank as wanted bulkhead on other side & boxed in section for fuel probably needs holes in it to let fuel in...should do a thread get opinion of smarter people.
But ended up buying fuel tank straps for larger 80 litre tank guessing might be 2 inch gap now lol.
Not 100% confident with tank as wanted bulkhead on other side & boxed in section for fuel probably needs holes in it to let fuel in...should do a thread get opinion of smarter people.
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
Loading up parts/engines in ute & trailer for Camberra trip...afterwards was selling stuff off so cheap it was ridiculous.
Eventually found a torrie in there.
Eventually found a torrie in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
Couple months later...could see the floor & walk around cars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
Not long after Canberra trip cousin told me vk bitsa repairs nearly finished dig the torrie out so here is first time in years it saw daylight & air it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
It's a good feeling! My VP S suffered a lot of degradation from being stuck the same way. I finally got it out last year and did a service and some needed gasket changes, coolant etc... And soaked lots of it lanolin inox spray which does well to protect metals from further corrosion.
Need to replace the diff oil and also change the rear exhaust section as that has now rusted out from just sitting there.
Once I have the garage at home (brand new house in town) cleared and shelving after just moving in 8-9 weeks ago, and a bench and what not sorted, the VP S is going there as the farm is too damp despite my best efforts and is slowly killing the car. Modern house and garage standards have come so far now that car's will keep well without rusting or hopefully dust and rodents ruining them.
I've kept a fan running in front of the car 24/7 for the last year or so after I did the maintenance and cleaning, protecting etc... That helps keep air moving around and reduces the dew forming on everything.
As for the fuel tank, I figured as much.
The nice thing is Rare's do a nice replacement repro tank for these cars now as a reasonable price, well compared to the hideous asking price of flogged out rusty FB market place tanks. Some as far as asking more than the brand new Rares ones!
So I'd imagine a fresh new tank will be easier to work on than a hard to get rusty used one. They even sell the 80L ones with the lower straps too! But no sender for those yet, they have a standard sender though for the 63L tanks. No standard straps yet though... Typical Rares.
Need to replace the diff oil and also change the rear exhaust section as that has now rusted out from just sitting there.
Once I have the garage at home (brand new house in town) cleared and shelving after just moving in 8-9 weeks ago, and a bench and what not sorted, the VP S is going there as the farm is too damp despite my best efforts and is slowly killing the car. Modern house and garage standards have come so far now that car's will keep well without rusting or hopefully dust and rodents ruining them.
I've kept a fan running in front of the car 24/7 for the last year or so after I did the maintenance and cleaning, protecting etc... That helps keep air moving around and reduces the dew forming on everything.
As for the fuel tank, I figured as much.
The nice thing is Rare's do a nice replacement repro tank for these cars now as a reasonable price, well compared to the hideous asking price of flogged out rusty FB market place tanks. Some as far as asking more than the brand new Rares ones!
So I'd imagine a fresh new tank will be easier to work on than a hard to get rusty used one. They even sell the 80L ones with the lower straps too! But no sender for those yet, they have a standard sender though for the 63L tanks. No standard straps yet though... Typical Rares.
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
Next year fingers crossed might finally get dream garage built....by dream I mean room for all the cars & a hoist so don't have to lay on ground.
That will be 1/2 ton b'day present wanted ever since 17 or so as shitkicker apprentice lol
That will be 1/2 ton b'day present wanted ever since 17 or so as shitkicker apprentice lol
-
Deuce
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
- cars: TUF355
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
That cleanup and garage change is impressive!gtrboyy wrote: Sat Jul 12, 2025 1:35 am Couple months later...could see the floor & walk around cars.
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Retrotech Lc Gtr
Yeah that was a lot of work...never ends.
Not long after gtr ended up on a towtruck for 100km trip to the country where my cousin lives
Not long after gtr ended up on a towtruck for 100km trip to the country where my cousin lives
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.