P01 and P59 Operating Systems

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
engineman
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm
cars: 1999 C5 Corvette

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by engineman »

Has anyone developed a XDF for Operating System 12587811 that came installed on GM PCM 12589463. This was a 2006 GMC Yukon XL AWD Denali 6.0L.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by Gampy »

engineman wrote:Has anyone developed a XDF for Operating System 12587811 that came installed on GM PCM 12589463. This was a 2006 GMC Yukon XL AWD Denali 6.0L.
Sorry, don't think there is one yet.

On another note, if that is a factory stock pcm (to the best of your knowledge), I would really really appreciate a copy of the bin and a picture of the sticker.
That is a Service Number I do not have a bin for.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
cmaje72
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 am

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by cmaje72 »

Not 100% sure where this came from so it may or may not be accurate but possibly handy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterTremonti
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm
cars: 2005 Suburban 1500 LT 5.3 Flex Fuel
2003 Suburban 1500 LT 5.3 Flex Fuel Parts motor
2001 Yukon XL Denali 1500 6.0L

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by PeterTremonti »

Gampy wrote:
engineman wrote:Has anyone developed a XDF for Operating System 12587811 that came installed on GM PCM 12589463. This was a 2006 GMC Yukon XL AWD Denali 6.0L.
Sorry, don't think there is one yet.

On another note, if that is a factory stock pcm (to the best of your knowledge), I would really really appreciate a copy of the bin and a picture of the sticker.
That is a Service Number I do not have a bin for.

I don't have the same Serv. No as that one, but the hardware number is the same. I'm new to this area of automotive work. I'm trying to get the VATS deleted from this PCM to use in a swap but can't find an XDF file to match. I grabbed this PCM from the junk yard and didn't even think to pay attention to what it came out of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Available tools:
VCX Nano GM wifi (VXDIAG NANO-PLUS-V1.2 2020.10) (STM32F407 VTG6 ARM brand processor)
VAS 6154 Clone (VW6154-V1.0 1850) Looks like the VCX Nano but not as complicated.
Mongoose ISO/CAN
VAGcom HEX+CAN (HC8198369 Rev. B)
Maxidas DS708
PeterTremonti
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm
cars: 2005 Suburban 1500 LT 5.3 Flex Fuel
2003 Suburban 1500 LT 5.3 Flex Fuel Parts motor
2001 Yukon XL Denali 1500 6.0L

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by PeterTremonti »

Here's another that I just scanned. It came out of a 2003 Suburban LT 1500 DBW RWD Flex Fuel 5.3L Automatic.

Where would one go to find the proper XDF file for this? Is it based on the hardware or the "serv" part number?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Available tools:
VCX Nano GM wifi (VXDIAG NANO-PLUS-V1.2 2020.10) (STM32F407 VTG6 ARM brand processor)
VAS 6154 Clone (VW6154-V1.0 1850) Looks like the VCX Nano but not as complicated.
Mongoose ISO/CAN
VAGcom HEX+CAN (HC8198369 Rev. B)
Maxidas DS708
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by Vampyre »

I have a tuning software that uses definition files, while looking around in the files I came across all the osids it works for so that sjould help alot with the list
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by Gampy »

PeterTremonti wrote:I don't have the same Serv. No as that one, but the hardware number is the same. I'm new to this area of automotive work. I'm trying to get the VATS deleted from this PCM to use in a swap but can't find an XDF file to match. I grabbed this PCM from the junk yard and didn't even think to pay attention to what it came out of.
Thank you for posting the bins with images of the Tags ... Much appreciated.

Junkyardspare.bin has OsID 12592618
2003SuburbanDBW5.3FlexFuel.bin has OsID 12579405

As far as I know there are no XDF's for those OsID's.

I believe the only 1m (P59) XDF is for OsID 12587603.

I do believe you can swap to the 12587603 OS, I do not know what needs to be done to do so.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote: Junkyardspare.bin has OsID 12592618
2005 GMC Yukon XL 4dr 1500 SLT

VIN: 3GKEC16Z35G26***

Engine L59 5.3LGas V8

Trans: M30 4L60E
Last edited by DavidBraley on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by Gampy »

PeterTremonti wrote:Here's another that I just scanned. It came out of a 2003 Suburban LT 1500 DBW RWD Flex Fuel 5.3L Automatic.

Where would one go to find the proper XDF file for this? Is it based on the hardware or the "serv" part number?
Peter Tremonti,

Just noticed we do not have the Flash memory ID code for either of those Hardware numbers, would you please do a 'Quick Compare' from within PcmHammer and post the 'Results' tab text or just the "Flash memory ID code" from both your Pcm's.

Please, Thank you.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: P01 and P59 Operating Systems

Post by Vampyre »

just a heads up files for p59s with iac with and ones with out are not interchangeable you may brick the pcm, my tech2 will not even load the files. So be careful