5l knock sensor
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 5l knock sensor
I had a few good genuine chips fail too, but I worked out it was a heat issue when soldering them directly to the memcal and heating the pins for too long. Now I solder a socket instead and never had an issue since.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 5l knock sensor
There are definately fake clone chips out there though, I have had a batch... they supplied them in a chip carrier and they had put a good one in the end of the tube so the first test worked, but the rest of them were write once chips with fake markings, so you'd do a test flash and it looked ok, then any future changes wouldnt stick. Sounds like what happened here. I think most of those sellers have been called out and booted now, but surely some of those chips are still around.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 5l knock sensor
Yeah it could be.