HOW TO: Reverse Engineering An LS1 Computer

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: HOW TO: Reverse Engineering An LS1 Computer

Post by turbo_v6 »

Not yet, but that definitely seems interesting. I might have to explore that. I’ve actually used chat gpt to help with understanding some decompiled functions before, but it would be nice to have it built right in.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
gmtech825
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: HOW TO: Reverse Engineering An LS1 Computer

Post by gmtech825 »

I tried it out but keep getting an error "urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests"
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: HOW TO: Reverse Engineering An LS1 Computer

Post by antus »

Looking at the screenshots it just describes the function in english, which is less clear and more ambiguous than the original decompilation, at best equal?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
G-Body
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2025 3:57 pm
cars: 85 El Camino SS
85 Monte Carlo SS
05 CTS-V

Re: HOW TO: Reverse Engineering An LS1 Computer

Post by G-Body »

I have been trying to reverse engineer the P59 code for a bit and finally had some time to spend with it as I was having trouble importing the dumpster dive file using the python script. Once I did that I found a script that will import the labels from a xdf into the project. https://github.com/ColPaulR/Ghidra-Scri ... portXDF.py I had not seen it on this forum so I figured I would link it here. I tried to download it and add it to ghidra but it kept having a error. I was able to create a new scrip and copy/paste it into the new script.