Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Yeah I’m not sure. I’ve got a memory like a gold fish these days.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Haha me too, could remember what each screw went into years later after pulling something apart just a few years ago, now can't even remember why I opened a new tab 95% of the time, feels like I have dementia most days. 
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
For everyday stuff I've been using a ceramic brake pad from BNT here in NZ, it's their in house brand stuff IIRC and it works well enough.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
I've never heard of them, they a NZ brand only? I love how NZ has a way better performance part market than us and a better car scene too. Aus dropped the ball long ago imho.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
I believe they (BNT) are only in NZ. but I doubt they make the brake pads themselves so probably stuff from a large manufacturer packaged for them.
I don't know about that, there is a lot of shit we can't get or is a lot more expensive than in Aussie.
I don't know about that, there is a lot of shit we can't get or is a lot more expensive than in Aussie.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
I feel general parts yes Aus has more, but more custom and motor sport stuff, especial around our type of cars and engines NZ has far more option on that front, especially for serious custom stuff. People just don't want to cater that market here, they seems to be only interested in the mass produced off the shelf stuff similar to the US in ways.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Yeah pretty sure NZ had high fuel prices way before we ever did. And they don’t get e85? But they do have a pretty cool car scene. I love all the old school rotors down there 
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
Well that’s probably not a good thing. Not sure if the camera picks it up. Looks like it’s leaking in between the booster and master. The vacuum hose that goes to the booster I can also turn with no resistance at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
I was looking up the vt-vy master cylinders as well. Seems v6-v8 are the same based off part numbers in the sedans/wagons. But different with utes and the awd models. Not sure if the Ute and awd also has different part numbers?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt brake upgrade into an early girl
They probably do, the Utes have a proportioning valve attached in the rear suspension so the rear brake bias is adjusted based on load in the tray.