Temp and tps gauge erratic

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Brad7860
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:07 am

Re: Temp and tps gauge erratic

Post by Brad7860 »

I will check that out after work yes the aldl plug is there because I have a vr harness in a vn
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Temp and tps gauge erratic

Post by vlad01 »

I should have realised earlier that your car is a v8.

I had bad data on the V8 only when it was running, it was the DA errors at the bottom that occurred when the engine was running, when it was off it was fine.

Like Any said, interference. It was basically unusable when it ran. But I got some partial relief by moving the coil from the tower to the middle of the top of the manifold as far as the wires would allow me to reach. That got ride of 80% if the errors and seemed to be the best spot I could find by trial and error, was never able to rid 100% of them, but I could at least log something. I went over everything that might cause it, grounds, the plugs, leads, coil, etc.., Only physically moving the coil reduced the ALDL/logging errors.

Never once had any issues with the V6 cars, only this V8 and it too was a VR with the ALDL adapter cable.


Does your problem only happen when running, or is it all of the time? If it's only during running, it could be ignition interference like I had before. If it happens all of the time, maybe a deeper problem with the ALDL connection? Do you see the DA errors on the bottom left of tunerpro? The blue rectangle will flash red every time an error appears.