Has my GQ-4X died?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Ken »

A quick way to stack 2 bins is using command prompt.
Put a copy of the bin you want to stack somewhere simple like C:\ drive,
Call it Bin1.bin, put another copy of it in the same location renamed to Bin2.bin.
Open command prompt type this into the command window.

for bins with different tunes.
cd C:\ "press enter"
Copy /b Bin1.bin+Bin2.bin Stacked.bin "press enter"

for 2 of the same bins
Copy /b Bin1.bin+Bin1.bin Stacked.bin "press enter" to use the same bin.

Just did it with a VN bin and took a screenshot of the outcome.
.
Bin_Stacking.png
Or.
Another way where you don't even need 2 copies of the bin file or have to type names is the below, putting the bin you want to stack on C:\ drive.
cd C:\ "press enter"
copy /b *.bin+*.bin stacked bin "press enter"
Just thought of that whilst in the shower and had to log back in to edit the post.
Only works provided there are no other files on C"\ drive with the ".bin" extension.
.
Again took a screen of the process in action.
.
Bin_Stack_Alt.png
.

A batch file attatched here below will do the same job, just copy it to the folder where the bin resides, right click it and run as administrator.
StackBin.zip
.
Then flash the stacked bin to the chip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for the info ken but I persisted under severance and followed antus's advice and finally did a successful stack. Minor stuffup but I got there. There still seems to be an issue with my reader but it does look like bad connections so I need to have another look inside. I also slowed down the write speed slow but seems to work. Anyway thanks to both you and antus for your advice I'm sure it won't be the last time I get into trouble.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

Latest. I got my old HDD and had a look at the last version that worked with windows 10 and it's release 6.38 and driver 2.0 so I downloaded the 6.39 and it's finally working with windows 11.
Stacked bin is running in the car nicely so getting happier by the day. Just need to work out why Tunerpro has an issue with Windows 11. It shows data dash, view, history tables but when I click on the data monitors it just goes grey and nothing happens. Works fine with Windows 7 but not 11. Have tried many things but this last problem has me bugged. Maybe another post just about the Tunerpro problem might get some info.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by vlad01 »

I've had issues with all windows and different PCs, different graphic cards etc... with displaying the dash correctly. Most of the tiles for each dash item is missing and blank, but as I resize the window manually by hand the displays flicker in and out of existence. So I often have to find a size adjustment just right where all of them show up, sometimes minimizing and then maximizing makes them all come back, but it's a crap shot.

This has been an issue with TP since v5 came out, the old v4 ? series from way back iirc worked fine.

So I think TP has historically had display issues with all the dash, monitors, history etc... and not everyone gets the same issues and some not at all.

I've personally had my particular issue in 7, 10 and 11 and even still there on 7 under a VM on a linux host. Both radeon and nvidia GPUs did it.

I'd have to check it my old 2004 intel graphic and CPU laptop does it, but I reckon it didn't iirc. That was my OG tuning PC, but it's battery is lucky to get 15min. Best it ever did on brand new batteries was 40min anyway which is nothing to write home about.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

Well I find the 5 version works fine with both my laptops windows 7 and 10 and my old pc windows 10 but has this 1 issues with 11. I tried running it in compatibility mode and boy what a mess of the screen that made so I'm inclined to agree with your statement abt a display setting. I'll have a look at the Tunerpro forum and see what might be there.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

The new eprom device arrived today (yes Sunday) and just plugged it in and it first checked for an update then moved on to the program. I wish that the GQ-4X did the same instead of leaving you to decide from a daunting list of drivers that take you nowhere except confusion.
I'll post up the outcome in a few days when I get a chance to play with it.
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by jxx »

Windows 11 is just well...... yeah..... it can be flakey, I've found running GQ program as administrator gets it going (even tell defender to ignore the program).
Run as a normal user it sometimes works fine, other times won't see the programmer, maybe it'll randomly crash and disappear after finding the programmer (often multiple times in a row) or when it feels like it maybe just sit there doing absolutely sfa....

When it's having a bad day I just run a Win10 VM and pass it thru to that.

The old GQ4x is still better for older devices, the newer common T48/TL866 programmer is better for newer devices.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

I have hated Windows 11 from the start but I had no choice when I bought a new PC.
Well I am stunned at both the ease of use and the speed of this unit.
Waiting for the rain to go so I can put the memcal back into the car.
Will update this post on the outcome.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by Charlescrown »

It works. So fast and no more error messages. Just gotta get the wideband scaled in. Thanks to all for the help and advice.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Has my GQ-4X died?

Post by vlad01 »

So I gather the T48 worked out as well for you as it did for me :thumbup: