PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
StreetShaker
cars: '15 Terrain
'96 Blazer LS swap
'98 S10
'05 Impala

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by StreetShaker »

First off, awesome work so far. I'm excited to jump on board and help any way I can. I searched high and low for the AllPro USB and have since struck out. I've been using HP Tuners for a few years now and the credit model just doesn't do it for me. So my initial questions are what do I need to start? Even doing it via BDM is possible since I'm pretty slick with a soldering iron from years modding game consoles. Looking forward for any hints to getting started!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

allpro usb comes from the developer at obddiag.net. Make sure you get the allpro usb version, not all of the products are compatible. Or get an obdlink sx (slow, but workable, commonly available), or an AVT-852 or a decent J2534 device. Or for BDM get a BDM-NT USB but then you wont be using pcm hammer at all, and it wont work on the 1mbyte pcms (neither does pcm hammer right now, but its coming).

Those people classifying pcms as works and doesnt work need to look at the logs. There is security unlock not working because the algo is not supported as one reason to not work, and then there is pcm not responding the upload request like the above. It may not be a pcm hammer problem above. Some PCMs have saved settings or things we dont understand which cause problems with the flash process. It could be that we need to support the 1mbyte chip, then update a 1mbyte bin on a pc for vin etc, then force a recovery flash and re-write the whole pcm. A similar problem happened to NSFWs car pcm and we recovered it this way. So sit tight, it could be a one off PCM problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
darkhorizon
cars: 1988 Pontiac Fiero

Post by darkhorizon »

darkhorizon wrote:
antus wrote:feel free to add it in and send us a pull request. we might also add something to stop it uploading the wrong kernel but knowing the algo and which osids and maybe allowing a test unlock would be a step in the right direction.
Isn't the dream that the current 0411 kernal will flash a v6?
Ok so. Last night I built out the universal seed/key code. Works great (needed to flip the edians in the seed read though). Pcminfo needs to be modified to support the also assignments, and I might suggest a "this algo didn't work, trying all algos" function to allow it to unlock anything we don't know.

Mode 80 isn't supported on v6 PCM so I can't use the current read kernal. Borrowed an experimental open source kernal from a friend of mine and made (extensive) hacks to the PCM hammer code to get it running, but I'm running into many bad reads with my avt, and something stops running about 250kb into the read on this kernal. I would expect writes are not that close at this point but I might be able to get something running without the mode 80 stuff with the current 0411 kernal either through pure attrition or mode 33 commands.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Quick question on the topic of BDM.. anyone know if I can slap one on the v6 PCM?
StreetShaker
cars: '15 Terrain
'96 Blazer LS swap
'98 S10
'05 Impala

Post by StreetShaker »

antus wrote:allpro usb comes from the developer at obddiag.net. Make sure you get the allpro usb version, not all of the products are compatible. Or get an obdlink sx (slow, but workable, commonly available), or an AVT-852 or a decent J2534 device. Or for BDM get a BDM-NT USB but then you wont be using pcm hammer at all, and it wont work on the 1mbyte pcms (neither does pcm hammer right now, but its coming)

I take it I'll have to email to order one then? I got enough Xbox related PCB's to assemble at the moment and really dont wanna build anymore, lol.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I have no affiliation with obddiag.net and cant help with ordering, although Alex was very helpful when we extended the device to support 0411 flashing.

Im sure you can BDM the v6 pcm, but it doesnt have the standard header most the diagrams show. You'll need to make sure the tool supports the flash chip and then figure out where and how to connect the interface.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Antus, I'm going to elaborate a bit more on the v6 issues.... I think I'm wanting to look into developing the kernal you have running now to support the v6 in some way. Is it as simple as loading up the c project into visual studio? I'm a little inexperienced on this level of programing but I learn fast. I figured if I had a BDM I could build some form of kernal that would work in a few days lol.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

It is incredibly hard to build the kernel ... :roll:

Install The GCC-m68k toolchain for Windows, open a command prompt, CD to the PcmHacks\Kernels directory and run build.bat

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Build and develop are slightly different, lol
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That they are ... Building is the easy part!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!