OK got some programming done and found that I can get upto 700,070kms to write. I also tried 999,997 kms but it failed to write to the chip. All others readings under 700,070 have worked no problem.
Sweet .So if youve got enough time then you can use a pulse generator.I wonder what the max frequency or km/h the dash can handle.
Also once you got the programming sorted did you try programming the ic on the board soldered in place.
Well after a few dasys with nose in the study books (and some valuable assistance from site members) I have fixed the spread sheet calcs and have the process worked out.
Now to fix all the broken readings I smashed up while not knowing what I needed to do
As testing progressed on the trip computer I noticed that in Diagnostic mode the trip computer shows "FAIL" in the middle screen. The diag mode has 3 modes to scroll through, the last showing all segments in the LCD screens.
Looking over the BIN files in Ponyprog the first 8 bits look all over the shop in most files (The ODO has the correct kms showing.)
However a the BIN file recorded like 358604 still works properly - even when written to a replacement x2444.
first 8 bits
358604 = 01 01 D9 26 FF 00 DF 20 - (WORKS) FD 02 53 AC 9E 61 DF 20
101308 = 00 8A 00 00 08 00 08 08 (FAILS) D4 2B F7 08 37 C8 EF 10
I think I missed the bit on how to structure the first 8 bits of data!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.