ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Jayme »

thanks! now I just need to go searching to see where I dropped my damn otg cable!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

Excellent work! Im just on public transport on the way to work but my phone got the v0.80 update and it runs. Hopefully get a chance to try it over the weekend.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Already ??!! Sounds like Google got faster at pushing updates, sweet! Looking forward for your feedback on this since after all, you're the one that triggered all this (and you helped a ton) :D
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

Detected the NVRAM, downloaded the bin and the cal without issue, then once I finally worked out how to get to the tuning section (i.e. I read the message on the screen that told me :oops: ) I changed a few flags just to try out some writes.

Lots of :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
a.png
b.png
c.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Wow, I wasn't expecting that much success in the first post. Just the fact that it detected your hardware properly is pretty cool :P

But the real question is, does your ECU still boot ? Does everything still looks ok ? :lol:
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

I actually didn't check!
I just went back outside and turned the ignition on, and got the high speed fan - indicating a corrupted bin :(
I'll grab the NVRAM out and dump the bin to see what happened there, brb
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

The entire bin is trashed, possibly overwritten with ALDL ACK packets?

The whole thing looks like this:

Code: Select all

00000000  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  00 02 00 f4 03 00 02 00  |................|
00000010  02 00 02 00 f4 03 00 02  00 02 00 02 00 f4 03 00  |................|
00000020  02 00 02 00 02 00 f4 03  00 02 00 02 00 02 00 f4  |................|
00000030  03 00 02 00 02 00 02 00  f4 03 00 02 00 02 00 02  |................|
00000040  00 f4 03 00 02 00 02 00  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  |................|
00000050  00 02 00 f4 03 00 02 00  02 00 02 00 f4 03 00 02  |................|
00000060  00 02 00 02 00 f4 03 00  02 00 02 00 02 00 f4 03  |................|
00000070  00 02 00 02 00 02 00 f4  03 00 02 00 02 00 02 00  |................|
00000080  f4 03 00 02 00 02 00 02  00 f4 03 00 02 00 02 00  |................|
00000090  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  00 02 00 f4 03 00 02 00  |................|
000000a0  02 00 02 00 f4 03 00 02  00 02 00 02 00 f4 03 00  |................|
000000b0  02 00 02 00 02 00 f4 03  00 02 00 02 00 02 00 f4  |................|
000000c0  03 00 02 00 02 00 02 00  f4 03 00 02 00 02 00 02  |................|
000000d0  00 f4 03 00 02 00 02 00  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  |................|
000000e0  00 02 00 f4 03 00 02 00  02 00 02 00 f4 03 00 02  |................|
000000f0  00 02 00 02 00 f4 03 00  02 00 02 00 02 00 f4 03  |................|
00000100  00 02 00 02 00 02 00 f4  03 00 02 00 02 00 02 00  |................|
00000110  f4 03 00 02 00 02 00 02  00 f4 03 00 02 00 02 00  |................|
00000120  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  00 02 00 f4 03 00 02 00  |................|
00000130  02 00 02 00 f4 03 00 02  00 02 00 02 00 f4 03 00  |................|
00000140  02 00 02 00 02 00 f4 03  00 02 00 02 00 02 00 f4  |................|
00000150  03 00 02 00 02 00 02 00  f4 03 00 02 00 02 00 02  |................|
00000160  00 f4 03 00 02 00 02 00  02 00 f4 03 00 02 00 02  |................|
I'll re-burn the bin and try again, I did wash the car in between writing to the NVRAM and finding it was corrupted - and everyone knows how bad italian cars electrics are :mrgreen:

Edit: The bin and cal download worked fine though.
User avatar
quadstar87
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by quadstar87 »

Is the dashboard save/load fully implemented yet? I saved mine and tried to re-load it and it just reset to default.

Going to be an awesome feature for me since I switch between my 8192 baud PCM XDF and the XDF for my LC1 wideband on the race car. Much appreciated enhancement!

:driving:
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Josh: Did you use "upload calibration" at all or you just modified wideband VE learn thing and let the real-time thing do the write ? The bin that you downloaded from your ECU, is it the same that is configured into the "tuning files" menu ? Maybe a debug log would help if you can (settings section, enable debug log or something like that should create a debug log in the debug folder of the app).

quadstar87: Yes, save/load dashboard should work... I'm kind of curious to know why you see what you're seeing. I will have to try that feature again myself I guess, I did that before the NVRAM stuff so its been some time but it was working OK. And by XDF, I guess you mean ADX ?
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

No I didn't upload cal, just changed a flag or two.
I went through the process a few more times just now, and no problems with corrupted bins.
I thought I changed a flag or two before downloading the cal again but I'm not seeing any differences. It showed the write successful message which I assume means it got a confirmation reply message to the write so I'm probably just losing my mind.

The corrupted bin could possibly have been something stupid like I isolated the battery before the ECU was shut down, I'll keep testing and see if I can reproduce it and hopefully it was just user error and nothing to do with aldldroid :D