Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

FYI I been looking into those ZZP alloy ecotec heads, they are stated to have intake port volume of 148cc.

Looked everywhere for the figures for stock heads with no avail so I cc'd them myself.

120cc exactly for the late ecotec heads with factory larger intake valves. So I'm thinking those alloy heads that are claimed to have "small ports" are way big for NA.

Abbott race heads are right when he told me they are way big and only good for big boost. 28cc is a huge difference :shock:

Image
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by TdracerTd »

The ZZP alloy heads are for L67 anyway Aren't they. I had a set which I sold that had injector ports, which means blown.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

TdracerTd wrote:The ZZP alloy heads are for L67 anyway Aren't they. I had a set which I sold that had injector ports, which means blown.
they come in both style, NA and L67.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by TdracerTd »

Ah yes, right you are.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

while looking at the scrap pile at home I notice the ford log manifold.

there is what one looks like.

Image

I checked, the port spacing is virtually the same as ecotec. Sooo... thinking cut one of these in half and you have 2 individual plenum and runners you can use to experiment on the v6.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by TdracerTd »

Nice find.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

Thats not my one, I was just too lazy to upload my own pic so I just googled it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by HQ355 »

Now who has a spare VN group a manifold we can borrow to scan ?
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Dazza92VP »

I think Dylan said he had on sitting around if I remember. Willing to donate for a scan?