ALDLDroid Android App
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I've worked on some code tonight, I should have time to test it tomorrow and push a new version to Play later this week hopefully. I tried enabling local echo on my FT232RL chip but it seems like the option to enable is only available on the FT232R or something... Anyway, I should be able to simulate echo on the software side and hopefully it will be a reliable way of testing this.
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I was thinking about this some more... Right now, what I did is try to figure out if the response has echo or not. I read byte by byte and compare with the command that was sent. Once a character doesn't match, if the length of the command is reached, I suppose there was no echo and the second byte of the response is used for expected response length. Otherwise, if the whole command match the beginning of the response, I strip that out, and same process apply for the rest.
I wonder if I just do an "echo test" at the beginning of a tuning session, send some random bytes like "0xAA 0xAA 0xAA 0xAA 0xAA" and see if I get that back and then set a global variable for the rest of the session about if the interface has echo enabled or not...
, just thinking out loud here 
And yes, I might be overthinking this a tad but I'm trying really hard not to have an "echo" checkbox setting
I wonder if I just do an "echo test" at the beginning of a tuning session, send some random bytes like "0xAA 0xAA 0xAA 0xAA 0xAA" and see if I get that back and then set a global variable for the rest of the session about if the interface has echo enabled or not...
And yes, I might be overthinking this a tad but I'm trying really hard not to have an "echo" checkbox setting
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
that idea makes sense to me. you only need to test it once per session and just leave your echo variable true for the rest of the session. its a good way of majorly simplifying the actual read code.
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Yep, I went ahead with that solution which I couldn't test, so lets hope for the best :/
Version 0.81 has been pushed to Play:
- Fixed log viewer regression introduced into 0.80
- Improved NVRAM echo handling
Version 0.81 has been pushed to Play:
- Fixed log viewer regression introduced into 0.80
- Improved NVRAM echo handling
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
ok so much success, hi 5!
I can now detect and download a bin from 11P.
there is a catch.... I cant open the 11P xdf. this is because it is password protected by VL400, which means it is encrypted. presumably only mark mansaur has the key to decrypt password protected files. (otherwise how would tunerpro be able to display the xdf)
I can only see 2 ways around this.
1- approach mark for the decryption key and hope he trusts you enough to give it to you.
2 - ask VL400 to unprotect his XDF.
I would prefer option 1.
a few feature points:
I wouldnt mind automatically selecting a freshly downloaded bin, as selecting the file you downloaded is an easy step to miss and can lead to bad things if you have the wrong bin loaded and start emulating
I would like to see the tunepro 'category' view to be enabled, its like a tree view of folders to better organise xdf items. the 11P xdf is categorised, but is locked so a bad example for you to load in aldldroid.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=5248 this xdf is also categorised and not locked, so you can see how it works.
I can now detect and download a bin from 11P.
there is a catch.... I cant open the 11P xdf. this is because it is password protected by VL400, which means it is encrypted. presumably only mark mansaur has the key to decrypt password protected files. (otherwise how would tunerpro be able to display the xdf)
I can only see 2 ways around this.
1- approach mark for the decryption key and hope he trusts you enough to give it to you.
2 - ask VL400 to unprotect his XDF.
I would prefer option 1.
a few feature points:
I wouldnt mind automatically selecting a freshly downloaded bin, as selecting the file you downloaded is an easy step to miss and can lead to bad things if you have the wrong bin loaded and start emulating
I would like to see the tunepro 'category' view to be enabled, its like a tree view of folders to better organise xdf items. the 11P xdf is categorised, but is locked so a bad example for you to load in aldldroid.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=5248 this xdf is also categorised and not locked, so you can see how it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Great news. This is very rapidly becoming a most excellent tool!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Sweet!
As for encrypted files, option 1 is not possible, Mark doesn't answer my emails anymore... Not exactly sure why, I think he hates me but really not sure why. He was really nice and helpful at the beginning of development of this app and then he vanished. I'm not sure option 2 is realistic, we would have to ask VL400 I guess
Option 3 could be to come up with a different encryption in ALDLdroid and have VL400 send me my encrypted version of his file... Don't really like that option to be honest. Or we try to figure out the encryption method/key and whatever for TunerPro. There is a lot of people that are good at reverse engineering here it seems so maybe they can help 
As for the XDF categorization, it's in the TODO list for some time now. Never got around to do it, it's a significant amount of work as there is no native tree view in Android and last time I looked the existing third party libraries weren't doing what I wanted but we will see once I get to that what I can come up with.
As for encrypted files, option 1 is not possible, Mark doesn't answer my emails anymore... Not exactly sure why, I think he hates me but really not sure why. He was really nice and helpful at the beginning of development of this app and then he vanished. I'm not sure option 2 is realistic, we would have to ask VL400 I guess
As for the XDF categorization, it's in the TODO list for some time now. Never got around to do it, it's a significant amount of work as there is no native tree view in Android and last time I looked the existing third party libraries weren't doing what I wanted but we will see once I get to that what I can come up with.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Yeah Marks a busy guy. He likes to help but seems to go quiet when hes run out of tunerpro support time (fair enough). If you dont know why its probably not personal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I am happy to send you the password to the XDF if you want to try and work out the encryption?
The background of why its there is so we could add a message to the XDF...
This was done because 12P (released a few years before 11P) was being sold by various people as part of cloned hardware bundles. The message in the XDF was to let people know who bought the clones where 11P came from and that it was in fact free.
The background of why its there is so we could add a message to the XDF...
This was done because 12P (released a few years before 11P) was being sold by various people as part of cloned hardware bundles. The message in the XDF was to let people know who bought the clones where 11P came from and that it was in fact free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I just updated to the latest version and now emulation is not working with the Autoprom any more... 
When I go to the Tuning screen, it shows up "Found hardware Autoprom..." at the bottom of the screen for around a second, then it changes to "No real-time tuning hardware found..." (or whatever the exact message is) and of course then I can't upload the bin from the menu or anything.
When I go to the Tuning screen, it shows up "Found hardware Autoprom..." at the bottom of the screen for around a second, then it changes to "No real-time tuning hardware found..." (or whatever the exact message is) and of course then I can't upload the bin from the menu or anything.