Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:There was new old stock ecu's on eBay not long ago. Blackstar7000 was the user.

that was a factory refurbished one if its the same on I saw. I had pulled out a 808 out of my VP vacationer wagon spare parts car. It too was a repaired one with SM caps unsoldered from the board few components soldered here and there. I dont trust it.

I have another which sometimes doesn't switch the cooling fan at all when temp is reached but switches the fan when in diagnostic mode. Something wrong there!

I have ran out of good untouched 808s. Time to go to the wreckers me thinks.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Dylan »

I didn't buy one but he claimed new old stock. Around $40 from memory so maybe to cheap to be true anyway.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by delcowizzid »

knowing blackstar its probably just old LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

The one i saw was 50 and in a genuine holden box with part number and all. but the ecu has serviced by general motors holden sticker on it. So I knew it must be an exchange/refurbished unit that is old stock. it had no memcal or service number stick either.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

how to hold the flywheel while you do up the bolts.
IMG_1112_zpsa5270481.jpg
all torqued to 20Nm +73º and marked for future checking.
IMG_1113_zps3fcdacbd.jpg
IMG_1115_zpsec059b74.jpg
I noticed something wrong here. the fork is too far back and virtually no clearance at the back. It took me ages to work out what I did wrong.

I set the pivot ball to the factory 102mm but latter discovered the kit's tech note specifies 106mm for v6 and 108mm for v8.

That 4mm will equate to the 20 odd mm at the fork end I am missing lol. Thats a job for tomorrow and the engine will go in :thumbup:
IMG_1116_zpsbd92424e.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by delcowizzid »

why does that flywheel not look like its located on the spigot
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

what do you mean? it is!

if you are talking about the metal crank spigot the bush is pressed into, its about half the thickness of the flywheel flange so its recessed from the outside point of view.

This flywheel actually is a much more snug on the spigot than factory flywheel I have found.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by delcowizzid »

ahh yeah just looks like the input shaft bush hanging in mid air
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

the bush is stepped and outside lip is smaller than the actual spigot it goes into.

1 thing I learned is that the crank and flywheel location does not need to be marked. One bolt hole is offset to one side so you can't get it wrong, the flywheel/flex plate can only go one way.

You can actually spot the odd bolt in the pics above.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

well clutch adjustment sorted today.

looking at removing the steering column and pedal box before I drop in the engine to gain room while I can.

Ordered 10x horizontal optical sensors from RS for the clutch pedal.

I want to have the pedal/cruise control thing sorted before I put the steering column back. And the column wont go back until I have my PS rack, exhaust and gearbox.

to make it all fit you much go in the order.

engine
exhaust
PS rack
gearbox
pedal box
column