oil and auto companies are tied closely together aren't they?
Wouldn't be the same problem as obesity epidemic and the food industry? Or medical science and drug companies.
Fuel & fuel saving devices
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
As the old saying goes "where there is smoke, there is fire"
I have no doubt than in any of the aforementioned suppliers/industries that manipulation goes on. The sad fact is that it's blatantly obvious in pharmaceutical industry that price fixing/profiteering is rife. Just look at Aids drugs, available for a few $$$ in Africa yet cost a fortune in the Western world. Why is it that you can get Cataract surgery in the Islands for about $100 when it costs $1000's here in NZ?
I wonder why it's taken so long for the hydrogen type vehicles to make any headway?
I have no doubt than in any of the aforementioned suppliers/industries that manipulation goes on. The sad fact is that it's blatantly obvious in pharmaceutical industry that price fixing/profiteering is rife. Just look at Aids drugs, available for a few $$$ in Africa yet cost a fortune in the Western world. Why is it that you can get Cataract surgery in the Islands for about $100 when it costs $1000's here in NZ?
I wonder why it's taken so long for the hydrogen type vehicles to make any headway?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
ethanol evil fuel? just look at brazil. They barely import any fuel at all.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
Are they? The logic that one uses the others product isnt enough for me. What evidence do you base that claim on?vlad01 wrote:oil and auto companies are tied closely together aren't they?
As for drug prices, yes. Watch out for the TPPA (trans pacific partnership agreement). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Paci ... artnership
That agreement, negotiated in secret (but where a draft has leaked), looks like it will cause more nastyness in our region. See the controversy section of the above link.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
I'm not religious but I pray the TPPA dies a quick death. It will give Corporate America power over national sovereign governments.antus wrote:Are they? The logic that one uses the others product isnt enough for me. What evidence do you base that claim on?vlad01 wrote:oil and auto companies are tied closely together aren't they?
As for drug prices, yes. Watch out for the TPPA (trans pacific partnership agreement). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Paci ... artnership
That agreement, negotiated in secret (but where a draft has leaked), looks like it will cause more nastyness in our region. See the controversy section of the above link.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
I agree with you Antus. Prove it and I will believe. I have been in the auto industry for a long time and have seen most of the snake oil salesmen around. Another couple of ones that come to mind was a fellow named Thomlinson who made electronic ignition systems which still used the points for a trigger and yes i agree under some circumstances may help but a spark is a spark and like Duncan the oil companies (supposedly) had a price on his head. Another was only a few years ago. He is in New Castle and advertised through the SAE and when I spoke to him he told me the story. He had a Magna (very bad start to the conversation) and it would struggle to run and blow clouds of black smoke (almost normal for one of these pieces of crap) and after fitting the his magic device (similar to a polariser) all the problems were fixed and the black smoke stopped. It was then I realised I was talking to a lunnie. What ever happened to the Fitch Fuel Catalyst? The list goes on and on with no sign of evidence other than testimonials from the poor soles that parted with their money and want to believe to justify their waste of money. I see cars running solely on Hydrogen gas but boy the power plant needed to generate enough gas is enormous. NOT POSSIBLE. From the bowser and stored is a very different story.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
Charlescrown wrote:He had a Magna (very bad start to the conversation)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
Did anyone here try those attachments for fuel injectors that retained heat from previous combustion and so helped the next pulse of fuel to vaporise and burn better? I remember seeing it on TodayTonight (I can hear the groaning) a few years back and recall them saying REPCO was selling them. Sounded like a good way to shorten the life of your injectors to me.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
Was thinking the other day actually how well hot fuel would go with a gasoline direct injection http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_direct_injection setup. The (all metal?) injector would be in intimate thermal contact with the cylinder head and so it would probably run pretty warm. With any luck the petrol waiting to be injected would be sitting there under a certain amount of pressure, reducing it's propensity to boil. Once it exits the injector into the chamber, if it boils, so much the better as far as mixing is concerned. On a conventional PFI setup if the fuel vaporised in the inlet port it would take up lots more volume that droplets of liquid and this used volume would displace air, leading to lower performance even if it did improve economy and emissions. Given the choice, I'd rather have the latter.
-
vn304turbo
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm
- cars: Vn exec wagon factory v8
Re: Fuel & fuel saving devices
My ol next door neighbour is always trying rig up kooky devices to try and cut costs and try and ve more self sufficient. His home is powered by 3 reasonable wind turbines, a solar panel array about the size of a mid size truck and a bunch of batteries he scored cheap from telstra and disposals from parli house.
He also was brewing his own bio diesel for a while, I dont really know the process he used but I do know he had about 3000 litres of old cooking oil still laying around lol and two 1200 litre vats in his shed he used to mix up his concoction.
Is it possible/financially viable to brew ethanol at home? As fuel prices in aus where I live are getting upwards of 1.70 AUD a litre for 98ron its becoming a little ridiculous and I have been thinking about home brew fuels in a more serious way of late. Im not a fool, and not about to blow myself up I am well aware that brewing up mixtures of chemicals can be a dangerous process but if the proper precautions are taken it should be safe.
He also was brewing his own bio diesel for a while, I dont really know the process he used but I do know he had about 3000 litres of old cooking oil still laying around lol and two 1200 litre vats in his shed he used to mix up his concoction.
Is it possible/financially viable to brew ethanol at home? As fuel prices in aus where I live are getting upwards of 1.70 AUD a litre for 98ron its becoming a little ridiculous and I have been thinking about home brew fuels in a more serious way of late. Im not a fool, and not about to blow myself up I am well aware that brewing up mixtures of chemicals can be a dangerous process but if the proper precautions are taken it should be safe.