Sorry to hijack, but the b10 wire interests me. I have a vp with an 808 with the NVRAM and USB. The car was converted auto to manual. To change the idle speed I have to change the values for the auto, is this because b10 is grounded? I mean, I think that the ecu thinks the car is still auto.
Thanks
VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
yes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
Aha! Nice. Thanks
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
lol
question? did you reuse the auto patch loom under the console? or did you remove it and fit the proper manual one?
the grounding for B10 is looped in this patch loom, manual one has the wire loop missing that goes to B10 so it sets it to manual mode.
question? did you reuse the auto patch loom under the console? or did you remove it and fit the proper manual one?
the grounding for B10 is looped in this patch loom, manual one has the wire loop missing that goes to B10 so it sets it to manual mode.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
No, Didnt have the loom. I had to modify the auto one. Everything works, except the ECU thinks it'a an Auto.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
yeah, find that wire on the patch loom, unpin it and cut it completely. I have genuine manual patch looms I use to copy from when making new ones from the old auto ones.
I recall its one of the small type contact pins with the black wire, its connected to the VSS ground wire iirc.
I recall its one of the small type contact pins with the black wire, its connected to the VSS ground wire iirc.
-
VrSurf
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am
- cars: 94 hilux surf vr v6 manual
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
i wonder if this applies to me aswell? i dont know if mine has the patch loom? i just cut and taped off b10 about 10cm back off the ecu its self..
-
VrSurf
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am
- cars: 94 hilux surf vr v6 manual
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
and this also means manual and auto looms are dif, same ecu but diff looms?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
No engine loom is the same, trans loom is different. Trans loom connects into the engine loom via the vehichle body loom.
Thats why i like vr vs looms better, all in one.
Thats why i like vr vs looms better, all in one.
-
VrSurf
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am
- cars: 94 hilux surf vr v6 manual
Re: VP auto ecu runnkng VR s2 engine in 5sp hilux surf
what about the patch loom and b10 on that? my harness is half japanese half american really.. just had the wires needed for ecu picked outta surf loom..