808 Track car help please
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
It's no that bad. I do it like that. Use the phone to log the drive, get home play it back in tuner then mod the bin, write the new cal to the NVRM. ALDLdroid can write cal files now altough I haven't tried it yet myself.
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
I might try it with a phone first, & transfer the data to the laptop, see if that works for me.
Do you use a USB OTG adapter on your phone?
Do you use a USB OTG adapter on your phone?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
Yeah just a cheap cable from Jaycar
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
It actually saves the files to a Dropbox account if you have one.
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
Yes, have a Dropbox.
Sounds pretty handy.
Thanks for everyone's input, I'll keep this updated as we make changes.
Sounds pretty handy.
Thanks for everyone's input, I'll keep this updated as we make changes.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: 808 Track car help please
You could mount a laptop that the screen flips and it becomes a tablet. Toughbook CF-19 (10" screen) is an example of an industrial grade unit that can be picked up cheaply if you look around.motoxray wrote:Good point.
My thinking is that it would be visually better with the bigger screen.
As you've said, tuning would be better on the laptop.
It's a pity to have to use more than one device, but I think that's not a bad option.