VXDiag VCX Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by jxx »

Tazzi wrote:Pulled mine apart to verify, does not have anything coming off of pin9 for GM UART.
Bugger.
That's why I purchased, needed something quick to do jobs while I waited for a new tech2 to arrive after the one I had died and other scantools I had access to didn't do what I needed.
The VCMII was the same, could use it for tec2win and as a j2534 device but no GM aldl, darn false advertising saying it works and doesn't........
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

jxx wrote:darn false advertising saying it works and doesn't........
[rant]
A pet peeve of mine ... I really dislike Liars, Cheats and Thieves and that is exactly what they are!
Especially when it comes to making a buck!

It is what it is, say what it is!

A perfect example where Capitalism trumps Democracy, for a Democracy to survive everyone must do their part, if you see a wrong you _must_ voice your opinion of that wrong, make it heard! or you are part of that wrong!
Too many, see in silence for fear of condemnation!
[/rant]
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by The1 »

yeh my vxdiag has nothing connected on pin9 from what i can see, it does connect to the board but i can't see any traces, it uses a ARM STM32F407 im guessing most cables are just using the cheapest CAN capable chip and saying that it can do everything :(

Looks like if that had used the STM32F413 they would have uart then.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by vs ss »

AE571799-5712-4A8A-85B2-C799C1AF8186.jpeg
5D42A78E-CFFD-4C7F-98C6-78FCEF54C0BD.jpeg
Gampy,I do t know if these are the photos you want but I have a couple of mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

Thank ya sir!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by The1 »

my genuine one bought from vxdiag store is same as above.
In-Tech
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
Location: California

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by In-Tech »

Mine too, I bought it to work with Tazzi's e38 stuff and it works great with his and pcmhammer and whatever so far. Of course I had to install all their BS with it. But if we are going to complain about bloated software installs...PCM hammer is ~ 80mb install to write a damit 512k file :mrgreen: I ain't plainin, it's coo as shite :afro:
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

In-Tech wrote:But if we are going to complain about bloated software installs...PCM hammer is ~ 80mb install to write a damit 512k file :mrgreen: I ain't plainin, it's coo as shite :afro:
What the flock you talking about ... PcmHammer et al. isn't even 5MB!
PcmHammer15_SizeOnDisk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
Location: California

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by In-Tech »

Well heck, I don't know wth I was looking at. I thought I checked out how big it was after install and evidently I was looking at something else...Sorry, you are correct, less than 5mb.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

Must of had your beer goggles on ... :lol:
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!