Kinda sounds like my missus car. Engine stalls on a cold start but it fine once it's warm.vt3.8lt wrote: the idle stability is the issue it just wants to stall from time to time coming down of rpm or of a first start but after you hold the throttle open for a bit and allow it to slowly return to an idle its mostly fine you sort of have to drive it like a carby car its a bit of a pain specially if theres traffic
Our problem occurred with I fitted a 69mm TB that was for a VS onto our VX which has a slightly different IAC (bigger passages and stepper motor pintle).
Check the IAC steps when the engine is up to operating temp, should be roughly 30-40 steps I believe with no extra load on the engine.
What I did to reduce the issue was copy some of the VS cold start, open loop and IAC tables into the VX tune, this reduced the problem but didn't completely fix it. ATM I'm experimenting with some other tables.
Edit, Yours been cammed you probably want to increase the idle rpm as well as the cold start target rpm until it warms up and settles a bit. IF I remember correctly you've got a decent size cam which is going to have a moderately choppy idle anyway and probably won't be happy at the OEM idle rpm targets.
