I made some updates to the program PowerPCM Flasher. Im new to coding, I’m not the original genius behind this program, and I welcome feedback as far as functional issues. Thanks
mod edit: removed
PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
-
e4life
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm
- cars: 2015 Tahoe
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Curious what you changed or added?
Why can't it be looked at like a c# like it used to be?
why is it 10X the size??
Why can't it be looked at like a c# like it used to be?
why is it 10X the size??
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Sorry I've taken this 'update' down. Mods to other peoples apps without their approval or collaboration is enough to take it down, as well unverifiable untrusted exes. I don't want this site to be distributing malware or stolen apps. e4life message me to talk about this.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
e4life
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm
- cars: 2015 Tahoe
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
No biggie its just some mods I made to it for my module programming side business, that version needed alot of work anyways which ive been working on all day. I'll keep development to myself and stay in my lane, sorry for posting files, wont do it again.antus wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2026 9:47 pm Sorry I've taken this 'update' down. Mods to other peoples apps without their approval or collaboration is enough to take it down, as well unverifiable untrusted exes. I don't want this site to be distributing malware or stolen apps. e4life message me to talk about this.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Why don't you put your work in your own app and post it under your own name? That would be fine, of course.
PM Sent, I want to talk about this one.
PM Sent, I want to talk about this one.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rusty_5
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:53 am
- cars: VR Calais 5.0, VS 3.8 L67 Ute, LX Torana, VZ SS L98 Thunder
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Hi, I have a 2006 VZ Thunder with a E38 and need to adjust the tune, inparticually the E-Throttle torque follower to eliminate throttle hang.
I just purchased the OBDX Pro GT and using PowerPCM_Flasher sucessfully downloaded the bin, uploaded into Universal Patcher but could not find any E-Throttle files to adjust.
Does anyone have a XDF file or Beta to use with the E38 bin in TunerPro ?
I just purchased the OBDX Pro GT and using PowerPCM_Flasher sucessfully downloaded the bin, uploaded into Universal Patcher but could not find any E-Throttle files to adjust.
Does anyone have a XDF file or Beta to use with the E38 bin in TunerPro ?
I'm a Mechanic, but I can't fix stupid
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
I do not, but you'll need to tell us the OSID as any XDF will be OSID specific.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rusty_5
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:53 am
- cars: VR Calais 5.0, VS 3.8 L67 Ute, LX Torana, VZ SS L98 Thunder
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
These are the details from the ECU in the 2006 L98 VZ Thunder, hope this helpsantus wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2026 12:51 pm I do not, but you'll need to tell us the OSID as any XDF will be OSID specific.
ECU Engine
Identifier 8116
Part No 12609098
Operating System 1250206
Service no 12597121
Hardware No 12579969
Hardware Ky *GMHOLDEN*
Also added the bin if it helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm a Mechanic, but I can't fix stupid
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
that file is runnning a HPT custom OS.
looking at the idle air flow table it's got at least 5g/sec too much if it's got a stock tune in it.
if it has a camshaft, check to see if someone has drilled a hole in the throttle blade.
looking at the idle air flow table it's got at least 5g/sec too much if it's got a stock tune in it.
if it has a camshaft, check to see if someone has drilled a hole in the throttle blade.
-
Rusty_5
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:53 am
- cars: VR Calais 5.0, VS 3.8 L67 Ute, LX Torana, VZ SS L98 Thunder
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Thanks for the feedback, did you have a XDF to view this file?Tre-Cool wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2026 2:25 pm that file is runnning a HPT custom OS.
looking at the idle air flow table it's got at least 5g/sec too much if it's got a stock tune in it.
if it has a camshaft, check to see if someone has drilled a hole in the throttle blade.
I brought the ute with a failed lifters and damaged VCM7 camshaft and assumed it has been tuned.
Engine has been rebuilt with a different camshaft and I can confirm that it has a hole in the throttle blade (approx 3-4mm) which I thought may have been factory. If the hole is not standard I will reseal it and see if the throttle hang goes away.
I will still need to retune and would prefer to use a method supported but this group and not to use a HPT device.
I appreciate the great work and support that this group provides.
I'm a Mechanic, but I can't fix stupid