Couldnt really find a section for this..
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
look up "mscomm32.ocx" on google, download it and chuck it into your system32 folder. 
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
I've replaced the zip file with a fixed version, download it again and see if that's better?
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
festy wrote:I've replaced the zip file with a fixed version, download it again and see if that's better?
YES YOU ARE THE MAN...................
VERY HAPPY.......
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
I assume that one worked then? 
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
YOUR A FREAK FESTY!
Have you seen the other dash XDF's I made as with them it's just a simple calc needed but if your program also worked for both VT-VX & then separately VY-VZ it would be quite handy!
Have you seen the other dash XDF's I made as with them it's just a simple calc needed but if your program also worked for both VT-VX & then separately VY-VZ it would be quite handy!
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
I've just had a look at your dash xdf (nice work there
) but these earlier clusters require a bit more maths it seems...
I couldn't work out a decent way to do the endian conversion - the best I could think of was to extend the bin by 16 bytes to include a lookup table, but that would mean it wouldn't work with a stock bin, and the bin it produced would have trailing "garbage".
But that's only half the problem - the byte sequence would still need to be swapped around, plus the 4 checksums to calculate.
I contemplated writing a TP checksum plugin to handle it, but took the quick-and-easy way out and wrote that crappy tool instead
I also considered having the tool produce a complete bin file - but decided that wouldn't be keeping with the spirit of this thread
I couldn't work out a decent way to do the endian conversion - the best I could think of was to extend the bin by 16 bytes to include a lookup table, but that would mean it wouldn't work with a stock bin, and the bin it produced would have trailing "garbage".
But that's only half the problem - the byte sequence would still need to be swapped around, plus the 4 checksums to calculate.
I contemplated writing a TP checksum plugin to handle it, but took the quick-and-easy way out and wrote that crappy tool instead
I also considered having the tool produce a complete bin file - but decided that wouldn't be keeping with the spirit of this thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Lol, yeah all sounds good & true, have to leave something for people to actually do!
I think I have newer cleaner & better dash xdfs too!
I think I have newer cleaner & better dash xdfs too!
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Hi Guys,
Does anybody know where i get obtain a X24C44P Chip?
thanks
Daniel
Does anybody know where i get obtain a X24C44P Chip?
thanks
Daniel
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A VS TRIP COMPUTER WILL WORK IN A VN CLUSTER?
THANKS
Daniel
THANKS
Daniel
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
If you can't find any, I've got a couple spare chips.Vpgts076 wrote:Hi Guys,
Does anybody know where i get obtain a X24C44P Chip?
thanks
Daniel