PCMHammer P04
-
rjdrew1986
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
Carl, I checked with Antus and he thinks the PCM which arrived today is the same as your PCM. I can write your bin with no issues.
-
ProfessWRX
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:33 pm
- cars: 04 Monte SSSC
04 Tahoe
92 Trans Am - Location: AZ USA
Re: PCMHammer P04
Can we add back in the security 10 sec delay for the p04? I finally started using pcmhammer 2.0 from the years old p04 initial beta release and have soft bricked my pcm 2x now due to the security delay not working as intended.
What's happening is if I forget to wait 10 seoonds PCMH tries to write, but is told to wait for the security delay. it tries again but something messes the whole process up. It then appears to work after the delay, but the car has already reset, PCMH still erases the 7000 block and when tries to write it's not allowed leaving a bricked PCM. I know, in car isn't supported, but i've been doing it for years now and the forced delay prior to any process start is seemingly important.
What's happening is if I forget to wait 10 seoonds PCMH tries to write, but is told to wait for the security delay. it tries again but something messes the whole process up. It then appears to work after the delay, but the car has already reset, PCMH still erases the 7000 block and when tries to write it's not allowed leaving a bricked PCM. I know, in car isn't supported, but i've been doing it for years now and the forced delay prior to any process start is seemingly important.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PCMHammer P04
Oh wow, thats a big bug in the p04! Thanks for the report. Ill have a think, might be a 2.0.1 soon.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
ProfessWRX
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:33 pm
- cars: 04 Monte SSSC
04 Tahoe
92 Trans Am - Location: AZ USA
Re: PCMHammer P04
Thanks!
-
Slow3800
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2026 8:28 am
- cars: 2005 Impala 3.8L, 2013 Camaro 3.6L
Re: PCMHammer P04
Is there a guide for OS swaps on P04? I'd like to clone my 05 Impala OS onto a 00 Monte P04. I don't want to risk bricking anything. The 00 Monte P04 has an Intel chip, while the 05 Impala P04 has AMD. Will this make a difference?
Side note, I'm working on an XDF for OS ID 12594535. Tiny Tuner lists this OS ID as supported, however some of the parameters were mapped to incorrect addresses. I've fixed all the incorrectly mapped parameters and added the Boost Control Timer Max parameter. I'm going based of off VCM Editor. There is one parameter in VCM Editor that I cannot find in Universal Patcher tho. In VCM Editor, its under Engine, Torque Management, General, Traction Control System Max Torque. Does anyone know where I can find this parameter in Universal Patcher? Or what address it might be at in the BIN?
I'm new to all of this, but I'm doing my best to learn
Side note, I'm working on an XDF for OS ID 12594535. Tiny Tuner lists this OS ID as supported, however some of the parameters were mapped to incorrect addresses. I've fixed all the incorrectly mapped parameters and added the Boost Control Timer Max parameter. I'm going based of off VCM Editor. There is one parameter in VCM Editor that I cannot find in Universal Patcher tho. In VCM Editor, its under Engine, Torque Management, General, Traction Control System Max Torque. Does anyone know where I can find this parameter in Universal Patcher? Or what address it might be at in the BIN?
I'm new to all of this, but I'm doing my best to learn
-
ProfessWRX
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:33 pm
- cars: 04 Monte SSSC
04 Tahoe
92 Trans Am - Location: AZ USA
Re: PCMHammer P04
Tiny tuner was wrong a LOT.
If you can post a bin with the correct address for the parameter you want defined it is quite easy to find in any other bin.
If you can post a bin with the correct address for the parameter you want defined it is quite easy to find in any other bin.
-
Slow3800
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2026 8:28 am
- cars: 2005 Impala 3.8L, 2013 Camaro 3.6L
Re: PCMHammer P04
I've checked a few different bins from 3800 P04 cars, but I've been unable to find one with the Traction Control System Max Torque parameter mapped in universal patcher. I've been using the default database provided by universal patcher for those bins, so maybe thats the issue?ProfessWRX wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:23 am Tiny tuner was wrong a LOT.
If you can post a bin with the correct address for the parameter you want defined it is quite easy to find in any other bin.
-
Slow3800
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2026 8:28 am
- cars: 2005 Impala 3.8L, 2013 Camaro 3.6L
Re: PCMHammer P04
So I used PCMHammer to clone my 05 Impala stock bin to a 00 Monte Carlo PCM. I checked the newly cloned PCM's bin against the 05 Impala stock bin and there seem to be some differences even though PCMHammer said all CRCs were the same after the flash. Is this normal? The differences start at address 006816 and continue to address 006857. On the original stock impala bin, these addresses are all "ff", but there are other values on the cloned PCM.
Edit: Ignore this post. I failed to notice the note stating that mismatched parameter blocks are to be expected as parameter data can change every time the PCM is used...
Edit: Ignore this post. I failed to notice the note stating that mismatched parameter blocks are to be expected as parameter data can change every time the PCM is used...