Was that you on fb asking for a T5 spigot a few weeks back? Fb itself is awful and i hate going there, but it does have huge reach.
Pics orient correctly for me, but only after clicking on them.
Vlad's rides thread
-
seabreeze
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:13 am
- cars: VN Buick V6, VS Ecotec Utility, VE SSV L98 Utility
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah it was, actually Ryan who runs many of the NOS groups hit me up for the post I missed.
I am surprised I couldn't find that part myself on ebay as I am pretty good at digging up hidden items, but ebay's social media like algorithm just makes it impossible now to find things any more and the forced "corrected" search phrases bug does my head in.
This is a widespread issue with pretty much all search engines too, and the AI LLMs while great at finding hard to get info ignored by traditional search engines as of late, are very bad for citing random info that actually doesn't even exist, rather spontaneously created out of the weirdness of AI and put forward as real cited data. Scary stuff.
I am surprised I couldn't find that part myself on ebay as I am pretty good at digging up hidden items, but ebay's social media like algorithm just makes it impossible now to find things any more and the forced "corrected" search phrases bug does my head in.
This is a widespread issue with pretty much all search engines too, and the AI LLMs while great at finding hard to get info ignored by traditional search engines as of late, are very bad for citing random info that actually doesn't even exist, rather spontaneously created out of the weirdness of AI and put forward as real cited data. Scary stuff.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah the forum software doesnt handle the orientation flag when it generates the thumbnails, but when you expand you get the original file and the browser handles the rotation.seabreeze wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2024 10:45 am Pics orient correctly for me, but only after clicking on them.
Sometimes I fix pics manually...not all the time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
OZ38
- Posts: 306
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
- cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Definitely want one of these when available.vlad01 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2024 11:22 pm Just called CRD engineering. They are about half way with the production.
So they close 20th and come back on the 13th of Jan, so they are likely to be up for purchase end of Jan/Early Feb.
Thanks for the update on progress.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Appears my GQ-4X has died today, won't sync with the program and causes the program on all my computers to lock up to the point only a restart gets rid of it.
Does anyone know of an inexpensive programmer that is easy to use like this one? Also that works with win 11? Mine worked but with the later win updates I had to run in compatibility mode.
Does anyone know of an inexpensive programmer that is easy to use like this one? Also that works with win 11? Mine worked but with the later win updates I had to run in compatibility mode.
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
My TL866 has been going strong for probably 5 years now. Works with everything I've ever thrown at it.vlad01 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2024 2:05 amDoes anyone know of an inexpensive programmer that is easy to use like this one? Also that works with win 11? Mine worked but with the later win updates I had to run in compatibility mode.
They're no longer available, but there's a T48 / T56 which seems to essentially be a newer version of the same thing
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Thanks, I'll have a look at them.
My GQ-4X has been going well until this year when I started having weird issues with the program freezing, I had is since 2011 I am pretty sure so it's had a good run time wise, but I'd say it still had limited use so in that way it only lasted a short amount of programming cycles.
I know a few others here have had theirs die in other ways too over the years.
My GQ-4X has been going well until this year when I started having weird issues with the program freezing, I had is since 2011 I am pretty sure so it's had a good run time wise, but I'd say it still had limited use so in that way it only lasted a short amount of programming cycles.
I know a few others here have had theirs die in other ways too over the years.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Does the T48 software have an option to offset the code when writing to the EPROM? I couldn't see this in any of the screen shots on their website and is something I always use on the old programmer.
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The older version of the software im using has the option to manually input a "start address" in the input buffer when opening a file. And the option to either clear the buffer with FF before loading, or don't change it.vlad01 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2024 4:42 am Does the T48 software have an option to offset the code when writing to the EPROM? I couldn't see this in any of the screen shots on their website and is something I always use on the old programmer.
EG. When opening a 32kb bin, you can open it once, then open it again and disable "clear buffer", set the "start address" to 8000, and click open. And it will load a second copy of it in starting at 8000 (essentially stacked 2 copies into a 64kb file).
I can only assume they kept the same functionality with the new T48 software.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Sounds like it should do the job, might have to wait until next year when I have some budget to allow. Very inconvenient that my one died at the worst time. 