Champion stuff!!kojab wrote:
Wow looks like you actually pulled off the MPC555 from the board?
Champion stuff!!kojab wrote:


Wouldnt be surprised if they tried to keep it as similar as possible in that regard.rolls wrote:Regarding accessing the external flash that is usually very easy. I've written about 4 different ones in c before. The commands you send are actually suspiciously similar to the commands to send via uds to erase/write the flash. I suspect it is simply a passthrough routine from obd to spi or whatever the chip uses.
What are you trying to determine tazi, how to find the bdm debug pins?

IVe tried my hardest to crash one of these thing, BA-FG I cant crash one any O/S ect. i like the idea of a full flash tho 100% clone would make replacment ecus so much easier.Tazzi wrote:rolls wrote:Regarding accessing the external flash that is usually very easy. I've written about 4 different ones in c before. The commands you send are actually suspiciously similar to the commands to send via uds to erase/write the flash. I suspect it is simply a passthrough routine from obd to spi or whatever the chip uses.
What are you trying to determine tazi, how to find the bdm debug pins?
Yeah, essentially the ability to recover the flash in the event of completely and utterly destroying it from bad flash or putting in wrong OS ect. Will make for a good test dummy for seeing which OS's really are compatible, or testing anything new if you go down the road of allowing full flashes. Will be more than happy to see what will cause a real brick then![]()
They have been all calibration changes if Im not mistaken? Good to hear they are pretty much bullet proof with cal changes!80gus wrote:IVe tried my hardest to crash one of these thing, BA-FG I cant crash one any O/S ect. i like the idea of a full flash tho 100% clone would make replacment ecus so much easier.
Rolls keep up the good work there iss a few of us watching the progress. will you have the ability to do real time scanning with your tuning program, and simple copy past tables?

Realistically.. cant see why anyone would need/want to change OS unless wanting to make a backup/spare ECU for a car.rolls wrote:Hptuners have a mod to allow 3bar boost sensor, whilst it isn't a huge modification it is technically a custom OS.
If anyone has another spare bf /fg ecu I can test doing a full 100% write and confirm what will and won't brick it.
Don't really want to put it in the software until I've tested it personally myself as the last thing I want is people accidentally bricking a pcm.
