First fire up using Rt

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: First fire up using Rt

Post by inj gtr202 »

Here is a Log of the above tune from cold start.

It actually idles exactly how I want it to when its cold.... once it get up to temp the idle it way too high
Attachments
Drive_delco001.xdl
(120.3 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i'd be going for a idle AFR of about 13 ... hard to know, depends what your motor wants, but i reckon 14 will be way to lean for your cam.

if the injectors are 19lbs, then you want to have an injector rate of near on .12 and then tune the VE table to suit it.

but yeah definately find out about those injectors, if they are different flows that wont be making anything easy!
closed throttle ve can be used to get a good idle with cams that have fuck all vacuum at idle, you need to tick the flag to make it active though.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i would get all matching number injectors for a start just incase one part number opens faster than the other they may flow the same amount held wide open but vary at different pulsewidths causing all sorts of grief
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

what adx are you using cause the one im using shows tps volts at 0.88 volts too high need to close the throttle more under 0.50v .idle rpm was set high fixed that and also its chopping in and out of decel at idle but im buggered if i can find the delta map to activate DE or the fuel cut map so i can fix it getting it in idle mode with tps volt fix may help that.narrowband o2 dead or is it missing
smash this in few alterations
OSE $12P injgtr V001delco2.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

and with no IAC it will idle high when it warms up .you have to make it so you need to hold the gas open to keep it running when cold and idles at perfect rpm when hot or fit an iac
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

delcowizzid wrote:what adx are you using cause the one im using shows tps volts at 0.88 volts too high need to close the throttle more under 0.50v .idle rpm was set high fixed that and also its chopping in and out of decel at idle but im buggered if i can find the delta map to activate DE or the fuel cut map so i can fix it getting it in idle mode with tps volt fix may help that.narrowband o2 dead or is it missing
smash this in few alterations
this is the ADX I'm using (see attachment)

I edited it to make room on my screen but it has just now gone missing... so I'll have to start editing again
Attachments
OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx
(78.83 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Hi all.
Been slowly ironing out the spikes in the tune and I seem to have come to the conclusion that I'm trying to fix a moving target :? .
I have pretty much maxed out the VE table and it is still running lean under full noise. I haven't changed the Inj Flow rate and still it seems every time I make a change and then go for a drive, I'm constantly putting more and more fuel in the VE table yet the car still runs lean.

Here is my latest log and Bin file..

can someone please point me in the right direction?
Attachments
getting worse2.xdl
latest log
(291.86 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
OSE $12P injgtr V003.bin
latest bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I would firstly turn off closed loop as you dont have a narrowband sensor installed - the fault code is masked but its still trying, a good example is around the 4min20sec mark with the wideband swings.

It might just be the cam but could your exhaust have any leaks? The wideband sensor is certainly not smooth!

As your maxing out the VE table (and it looks like you will need around the 110-115% mark) you can adjust both the VE and inj rate and be back to the same fuel PW but more range. To lower it all by 20% to increase the max value multiply the VE table by 0.8 and then Injector rate / 0.8.

The bin attached has closed loop disabled and the VE/inj rate changed by 20%.
Attachments
OSE $12P injgtr V003_change.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:I would firstly turn off closed loop as you dont have a narrowband sensor installed - the fault code is masked but its still trying, a good example is around the 4min20sec mark with the wideband swings.

It might just be the cam but could your exhaust have any leaks? The wideband sensor is certainly not smooth!

As your maxing out the VE table (and it looks like you will need around the 110-115% mark) you can adjust both the VE and inj rate and be back to the same fuel PW but more range. To lower it all by 20% to increase the max value multiply the VE table by 0.8 and then Injector rate / 0.8.

The bin attached has closed loop disabled and the VE/inj rate changed by 20%.
Thank you,

not likely that there are any leaks as the gauge and old tune still work as they used to if I install my old memcal.
I'll see if I can spend a bit more time on it.
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Just thought I would update where I'm at.

I have been logging and replaying drives using Wideband Vs Map and VE, mainly paying attention to the values around 2,000 and 2,200 RPM and 50-60kpa mark (where the car spends most of it's time in 4th doing around 60kmph). I have been using the History Average as well as checking for sample count to make sure I get plenty of consistent data.

I got the historic average to be about where I want it, but I was still getting a horrible lean spike and car shacking if I sat at just the right RPM and Map value. I think I found out why but I thought I would post up and see if I'm right.

I watched a few replays and found using the bubble tracer that the tracer would ever so slightly dip into the 40kpa column. I'm talking just the very edge.... the values in the 40kpa where significantly lower that tho's in the 50kpa column. My question is, how does the program determine the actual VE value that gets sent to the injectors? if say the tracer was hovering over 4 data cells will it instantly work out the average value and use that? What if say it was 90% in one table and 10% in another... will it simply split the difference? or will it tend to be towards the 90% value?

I have re-adjusted my VE table but haven't yet had a chance to load and log a new drive.

Thanks for any tips