$12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
i flat tappet cam isnt designed for 300000km's LOL that and valvesprings measuring in the 40lb max area when you test them does cut output LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
I have to disagree with that. I know an engine developer who discards hydro lifers and fits solid flat tappet and they engine last decades with track and daily driven reliability.
The engines this guy builds outlast most modern engines and perform like a race engine.
can you guess what engine this is?
The engines this guy builds outlast most modern engines and perform like a race engine.
can you guess what engine this is?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
Solid lifter on a hydraulic grind is a bit of odd combination, hydraulic grinds have much less aggressive ramp rates and less total lift which means they need less spring pressures. flat tappet cams seem to last well enough in factory built engines of yesteryear (seen plenty of Holden 304/308's with more than 300,000km's).
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
no I mean getting rid of the lot, custom grinds with solid lifters.
Yes factory build would last long in most cases, not all though. its people's upgrades or mods that tend to over look critical details which make them fail quick.
Yes factory build would last long in most cases, not all though. its people's upgrades or mods that tend to over look critical details which make them fail quick.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
Totally agree, however a lot of the after market stuff isn't of the same quality as some of the factory items, one big one that comes to mind is the quality of the lifters. Been a lot of failures in the last few years because of cheap chinese lifters, not just flat tappet either, same goes for roller lifters.
So, what engine are you referring to?
So, what engine are you referring to?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
vw type 4. aka bay window kombi engine.
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: $12P Idle MAP Threshold VS Idle RPM
Very old thread dig, but I'm having an issue with a t5 VS 304, will rev hang until vss hits 0, then drop to idle perfectly. Is this idle map threshold the key?