Good idea, at least you can pin point it when something does happen.
I have done that before on my other cars, even left it at the so called expert mechanics and auto electricians for a few days and they cannot even find the fault until the car just stops and a fault code appears.
By the way, do you know how to test a crank angle sensor using a test light and rotating the harmonic balancer with a socket? I have that info from a snap on diagnostic guide?
It was a life saver for me when I was getting fault code 49 a few times due to the poor quality made crank sensors.
Vs l67 rattle high rpm
-
VSRaptor
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 am
- cars: Vp Commodore V8
Vs Commodore ute V6
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
What's the trick to testing mate?
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
After reading the entire thread, I'm curious as to what cylinder pressure a comp test gauge shows, starting with the first sweep and the total, spark cut and throttle held open of course.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
I have that pdf saved on my phone very handy to have.VSRaptor wrote:Good idea, at least you can pin point it when something does happen.
I have done that before on my other cars, even left it at the so called expert mechanics and auto electricians for a few days and they cannot even find the fault until the car just stops and a fault code appears.
By the way, do you know how to test a crank angle sensor using a test light and rotating the harmonic balancer with a socket? I have that info from a snap on diagnostic guide?
It was a life saver for me when I was getting fault code 49 a few times due to the poor quality made crank sensors.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
I will do one when I get a chance.Ken wrote:After reading the entire thread, I'm curious as to what cylinder pressure a comp test gauge shows, starting with the first sweep and the total, spark cut and throttle held open of course.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Done a compression test here's the results.
1=175 2=175
3=175 4=170
5=170 6=170
1=175 2=175
3=175 4=170
5=170 6=170
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Finally found a engine that rattles like mine the sound starts at 10:17 any ideas what that could be.
https://youtu.be/XOt1AgcbC3g
https://youtu.be/XOt1AgcbC3g