vn5000 wrote:Have you tried going into the bios and changing printer port type ie ecp or bi direction.It wont work if this is not set properly.I remember i had to use a program called port talk to allow access to printer port with a old burner ive got when using xp as well.
A friend suggested that but I'm yet to work out how to enter the bios on my A1750
Tried everything in this thread and none of it has advanced me one step closer to being able to read or write a calibration of any type
I appreciate all your guys help but am just about at my wits end. I'll contact the supplier for the MemprogL here in Aus but they are only a re seller for Elnec which is a Slovakian base company so I'm expecting "we have no product specific knowledge" or something tot hat effect.
Holden202 wrote:when the cursor is flashing in the top corner of the screen you press f10 to get into the bios on a compaq armada from memory
I think this is the last step. I could not enter bios at any time to try to select a different port or preferences. I tried alot of different key combos to no avail
the port is obviously ok as the software connects with the programmer
as i said disable the verify function & read it & save it
it sounds like the eprom may have been erased too long & will not verify at VCCmin
try it & post the result
Ended up taking Al Gibbs' advice n putting the kalmaker tuned stock NSc2710 chip in the RT Kalmaker ecm and pulled the tune no worries. Apparently I can also write to that chip in the RT ecu but haven't tried it yet
I was incorrect in thinking that I can write to the chip using the RT ECM but would have been nice though
The MemprogL will not work no matter which of the many chips I have here are in the ZIF. It doesn't seem to link properly. The software recognizes the individual serial number of the memprogL but won't do its job.
I erased a chip NM chip in the u.v. light tonight and tried to verify, read, write, fill with random info etc etc and none of it worked. The self test icon isn't available at any time if that leads to nything?
try contacting Grant at Grantronics
How
to
contact
us
E-mail: [email protected] Phone:
(02) 9896 7150 (within Australia)
+61 2 9896 7150 (outside Australia)
Post:
Grantronics Pty Ltd,
PO Box 275,
Wentworthville. NSW. 2145.
Australia. Fax:
The fax died last Christmas and we don't receive enough faxes to justify getting it fixed. Please print your document to Adobe PDF and email instead.