Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by vlad01 »

I've tried on two completely different devices and both have the sound full, but nothing, I can't see how that would happen if it's my end?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by antus »

it works fine here too, I think you must be missing the audio codec. try vlc or smplayer or similar, but that conversation is off-topic.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah but I literally saved it to my photo reel on my phone too, still no sound and I can't see how an up to date os on the phone would need a codec installed?

I think I once had this problem a decade ago with all videos from a particular android phone a person I knew had, worked on other people's android phones, but never worked on my iphone or any of my PCs, even with stuff like all the latest codecs or VLC installed. I think it was even something crazy like when uploaded to FB it still didn't work for me only but other videos on FB worked fine, never figured it out.

I do have VLC on my old win 7 desktop I can give a try and see if it works.

Also, just updated the codec library in Mint and it said it was already the latest, so pretty sure that's not the issue. All other videos play fine though. This one plays fine, just it's silent.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by Holden202T »

i uploaded directly from my iphone :D i re-downloaded to the PC and it works for me too ... anyways here is the youtube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPTNdoO4Dyo

So for me this was the day i have been waiting for, literally for years since i made the first real delco speeduino pcb, i have only ever been able to test it in the shed, no real tuning or high rpm running etc.

i set it up with 5psi spring in the wastegate and the plan was to use speeduino boost control above that.

initially needed quite a bit of caressing of the VE table as it was just what the speeduino base map came with, but got it pretty well dialled in ok, and then started doing some power runs.

so i set it up with second VE table is 100-300kpa area, and it is main ve * second ve (so a multiplier table), once i got the main VE table right the multiplier table was pretty close, and i think the only reason it needed more in the top end was because im maxing out the injectors. (after boost increased)

i tried to then start adding boost control duty cycle to get it up to 180kpa, but it just wasnt budging off 145kpa..... tried a few different things with the boost control settings, in the end it was commanding 80% dc and nothing was happening so i decided to leave the boost control for now, and so i used the screw on the wastegate which was right out, and put it right in to get another 2psi out of it ..... end of the day was 229hp @ 7psi

Galant Dyno Graph.jpg

This is just one of the better logs i had, its not the same run as above.
Galant Dyno.jpg

realistically given all the unknowns, this engine being fitted to this car, fabbed up turbo manifolds, all new wiring for the car, and the unknowns of the ECU it was a pretty good outcome.

we're going to be racing it in two weeks so it needed to work! and if i cant fix the boost control i can always increase the spring in the gate, this combo in the vp commodore ran 353hp @ 12psi so i know there is alot more left in it once i get some injector behind it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by vlad01 »

Ant PM'd with some solutions to the video issue, it actually appeared to be the file from what I can see. It was forcing a mute in the audio devices it was played on for unknown reasons but without showing it was muted in any of the normal places. But I overrid that and it now has sound.

Sound pretty stout :punk: few misfires though. Plug gap issue? or was that still not fully dialed in?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by Holden202T »

Yeah that video was from one of the earlier pulls, was going lean on throttle apply and I can’t recall the second blip but it cleared up!
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by Charlescrown »

Man I'm impressed how close you get the actual and target air fuel ratio's so close and straight.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by Holden202T »

thanks, it wasnt that hard, i just got it in the ball park for a few load areas then smoothed the table out around that, and projected the same trend up as rpm rises etc.

to be fair once it gets to about 3000rpm its into boost so its using this map plus boost multiplier.

ve table.jpg

for the record i think i also need to change the injector rate to make it richer so i can lower the numbers in this table.

ps. i dont like speeduino ve table its a 0-255 value, not 0-100% .... just doesnt work with my ocd :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by antus »

Thats not uncommon, set your definition equasion.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Speeduino PCB for Delco Replacement

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i know its just a pain having to do it everytime you update version or install it on another computer