Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
That is one mean looking WS6.
Hard to get a gauge on what you might see in your set-up by comparison. Lots of variables.
Should see some benefits though.
Would there be enough fuel flow if you had to use E85.
Hard to get a gauge on what you might see in your set-up by comparison. Lots of variables.
Should see some benefits though.
Would there be enough fuel flow if you had to use E85.
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
Its about a 30% increase in fuel for the same lambda on e85? If that's the case, I'll be out of injector unless I bump up the fuel pressure or add a secondary injector. I've got 20L of e85 here to play with. It's not very available where I am, a good 90min drive to the closest servo that carries it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
It's 50.5% more fuel.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
I was reading this recently:
https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/ ... d-to-know/
Jeff ("the ref") Smith says 25-30%
https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/ ... d-to-know/
Jeff ("the ref") Smith says 25-30%
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
I recall HPAcaddemy saying 30% too, if it's 50% then there's no chance with the injectors i have. That's a bucketload of fuel!
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
Maybe stand over the engine with a bucket of fuel lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
BennVenn wrote:I recall HPAcaddemy saying 30% too, if it's 50% then there's no chance with the injectors i have. That's a bucketload of fuel!
Not sure where they get 30% from, I think it might just be that petrol is 30% ? more energy dense over e85 but working percentages the other way means you require about 50% more e85.
eg. 14.68 / 1.505 = 9.75 = stoic for e85.
Maybe it comes from that when going from e85 back to petrol is 66% of the fuel required but to bring is back to e85 it's still 50.5% more.
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
I probably remembered it wrong
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Low RPM + High boost = Bent rods?
Andre did say this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.