Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Ford information and tools can be found here
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Been a bit since I've done the pats flag hunt, but more added to the site. Learnt a fair bit more about the whole pats system recently too =).

+25

Code: Select all

KCAO5
KCAO6
KCAQ5
KCAR7
KCAU2

KHAI3
KHAI5
KHAI6
KHAI8
KHAIA
KHAIB
KHAIC
KHAJA
KHAJB
KHAJC

KIAB5
KIAD1

SNAH4

UBAHB
UBCH6
UBDH5
UBKH9
UBQA2

UIAJ0
UIAN0
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Another batch added to the site. Pretty much just have 7.3L powerstroke diesels left which I suspect has very different code from the rest of the gas engine strategies.

Also worked out some strategies appear to be hard coded to not have the actual pats code even in the bin so these ones aren't even possible to enable pats if you wanted to (with out major code rework).

+27

Code: Select all

IAAK0
IAAL0
IAAM0
IAAN0

IBAH3

KBAN0
KBAN4
KBAN5
KBAN7
KBAND
KBANE
KBAS0
KBAT1
KBAT2
KBAU0

UBCH3
UBCHA

Hard coded strategies to have no pats
CSAH1

GWAG5
GWAG6

QBAA0
QBAB0
QBAC1

QCAA0
QCAA1
QCAC1
QCAE1
Went through some logs and found a couple strategies that didn't get added to the scanner, it auto detected so added them to the site =).

+2

Code: Select all

BWAK2
KPAN1
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Another update, probably long over due, but VIN editing is now possible through the site. It validates length and check digit, but doesn't currently enforce characters (aka if O's are typed instead of zero's it just saves the wrong character). Probably something I'll have to add later.

I also notice at address 0x9FF95 there's a * if a VIN is set and if not it's FF in the hand full of files I checked. Not sure if that matters at all or not though. Currently that address is untouched.

Anyway, this is in the free section of the site, so anyone can edit the VIN with an account, should be pretty useful I'd think =).

Of course if there's any issues at all around this, let me know and I'm sure we can work out what's going on.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Just ran into a user with a Rossion Q1 computer which is ultimately a EEC-V computer from Ford. Since it's non-standard for how Ford did things, it took a couple work around to make the site happy about loading the file, but they are not natively supported on the website.

One small side effect is they fill the VID block with w's, the VIN detects as all w's and if you save changes on the bin info category, it will change the VIN to be FF'ed out for no VIN in the Ford standard way. This shouldn't effect anything and I might add some code to work around it in the future, but for now that's how it works. Ultimately it uses the DOAV7 Ford strategy, so it's linked under that unlock.

I never knew companies outside of Ford used Ford computers in this style of way. Rossion basically filled the VID block with w's on this one, if there's any other computers that do something similar, let me know and I'll see about adding a better detection system. Down the road I have some idea's to detect strategies that aren't labeled in the file, but trying to keep things simple for now lol.

Anyway, I don't know the exact years, but Rossion Q1 computers are now covered. I suspect they have the EEC-V on their label and the 104 pin connector, but going to validate that info with the user that submitted the info.

EDIT:

Got a pic to confirm it's physically an EEC-V computer, but there's no labeling at all on the computer and it appears it was built after the orig DOAV7 computers based on the chip labeling, so they might have bought replacement Ford computers, removed the sticker, then re-flashed them with the tune.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

I've ran into a couple people that ultimately are pulling the Flash chip off the board of an EEC-V and dumping the full contents. The first 256kb is the same as the typical read in the tuner pro style format, the rest has some interesting info in it that I haven't dug into too deeply but I suspect it has the boot loader and such.

Since I've ran into a couple that have done things this way, is there anyone else that has? Is there much known about what's contained in the rest of the Flash memory? Anything that would be nice to have access to change?

Ultimately I'm thinking about supporting it as an option for a file input format. I'll have to rework the site's design a bit to make it work though. If/when it's added of course it will auto detect like normal and default to saving the same format. Switching to another format would be cutting off the excess data and discarding it so I'll probably have to add a warning/popup about that since once it's converted to another format, you wouldn't be able to switch back with out uploading the source file again.

Anyway, any info or feedback on this is always welcomed. I thought I had all of the formats covered, but seems like this might be the last somewhat common format I need to add. I do want to learn more about the boot loader and such, so I'll probably be poking at the bins I received recently to see what I can discover.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

+1

I got some "dead" computers in and read them all and ended up with one new strategy and it was a nice easy one, auto detected from an existing mask =).

Code: Select all

SBAF5
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Got some more new bins recently, so added the strategies to the website.

+14

Code: Select all

NVXF2
SAAR3
PRAQ2
TNAA5
TNAA7
MQAI1
PEAV9
PYCJ0
QDAH0
RKAL1
RKAJ0
RVAD0
RWAF0
TALD3
Also have several 7.3L power stroke diesel strategies, but pending someone to test to make sure I have the flag labeled correctly.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

I think I just ran into a way to validate if a bin is actually stock or not. Have to do some testing, but I'm sure that will be a nice feature to add to the site. Also thinking about adding the calibration update path for reference too (other calibrations that are technically correct for the vehicle/hw). While I'm building that table, probably should throw in the hwid info so it can be added if defined on the site.

Also I've had requests to automatically rename the file to prevent overwriting the orig file. I'm thinking maybe orig file name + _timestamp, if there's already a time stamp at the end, update it. Should be a fairly easy process and shouldn't be too intrusive on end user's file naming process.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Stock file testing seems to work well, There is a case that exists for a false positive, so probably need to refine the logic more, but it's reasonable as is.

Instead of the whole update path, the info page states what the latest calibration is, bit more simpler and less clutter.

On the file renaming concept, open to idea's on that, the time stamp logic seems like a reasonable option though.

Also got another fresh strategy covered, might be more, the come in once in a while.

Code: Select all

PYCL5
As far a major update, nothing is set in stone, but looking into creating an API based interface which makes scripting common tasks much easier. I plan to make a command line client for it possibly in python which is cross platform and target a nice user interface (text) for commonly done edits, and also provide CLI commands too make it possible to script (aka drag and drop a file and a new file pops up with immo disabled). Licensing and login would be tracked via API key. Also it's been requested to be able to buy unlocks in more bulk, like say buy 10 "credits" and use them as needed. Currently each one has to have a calibration type (strategy/osid) to tie to, so I understand how that is more user friendly. The API I plan to make with that concept in mind.

With the API, there will need to be some usage limits put in place. I have some numbers in mind and how to make it work a little like a subscription, but very open ended thought "sessions" that last 24hr with unlimited usage in that window for the target strategy type. If this works well, EEC-V 4 bank might be the primary usage type and sessions are consumed per strategy/osid. I have to track usage and see if the numbers I have in mind is fair and reasonable for most users (ideally all).

Since this would be API driven, a real client program likely will need to be created as well. Right now simple things edited via command line makes sense, but editing the fuel table for example is a bit more complex and a proper gui would be more logical. Custom 3rd party clients I think would be an acceptable thing as well. I have to work out the details of how that would work, but the software dev/company would be the primary account (what the charges are to), and their users under it would be effectively reseller accounts. I think that makes sense where the reseller can be charged accurately and their users pay them directly and of course there's room for markup and such for the actual profit.

Short term no API documentation, but eventually I would like to document it in a public space. Clearly have to design it first. If there's anything that is really userful/needed for this system, I'm open to design idea's. One of the things I'd like to think on is an optional field that clients could use to visualize changes better. For example, if you disable the fuel evap system, clearly the tables related to the evap system would also be disabled. Communicating that to the client I think would make for a better end user experience (no need to blank out the table manually if it's shown it's actually disabled).

Anyway, that's where I'm at on this project and the current vision I have for moving forward.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer
DWS
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
Location: USA

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by DWS »

Got another batch of dead computers in, so read a bunch of random computers and hit one new strategy to add to the site. Slowing down a lot vs number of computers read (28, only 1 new strat, 5 unreadable via obd2). Got 72 more to read, so hopefully more soon.

Code: Select all

FDAO5
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
PHF to BIN Converter/Viewer