PCM Hammer P05 support

darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by darkman5001 »

User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by antus »

Ive taken the hardware capability discussion and answer to the other thread here: viewtopic.php?t=9085

I'll keep this one about the pcmhammer support.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dv8lol
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 11:36 am
cars: Audi B8.5, 2013 Honda Odyssey, work as professional mechanic.

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by dv8lol »

I'd like to start off by saying I appreciate everything you guys contribute to the community.
Hopefully as I pivot into a new career this year I can devote some more time to help with development.

I have a question about a CAN Only P05 ECM, specifically Service No. 12600930

bdm is only way to read/write?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by antus »

Test versions can do it, though CAN support is not mainstream available. If you get a github account, and download the setup artifact or the portable here, it will read and write p05c. https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer/ ... 9754475113

Let us know if you have one and it does not recognise the OSID. Even so, though, you can select it manually and proceed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dv8lol
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 11:36 am
cars: Audi B8.5, 2013 Honda Odyssey, work as professional mechanic.

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by dv8lol »

antus wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2026 5:59 am Test versions can do it, though CAN support is not mainstream available. If you get a github account, and download the setup artifact or the portable here, it will read and write p05c. https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer/ ... 9754475113

Let us know if you have one and it does not recognise the OSID. Even so, though, you can select it manually and proceed.

I was able to get it read with the dev build. Haven't tried writing anything, yet.
Failed to read with Auto OSID, but when manually selecting p05c it read and successfully saved .bin.

I've saved both the results log and debug log to a github gist if you would like to check it out - https://gist.github.com/bl4cklabel88/2b ... 37e1dc7c9d

Might take me a while to work through changes that I need to make. I've seen you mention p04 and p05 are similar, so plan to look into creating definition file for p05 based on p04 xdf.

Appreciate your help so far, will update this thread if any progress is made.

I can provide .bin if helpful as well.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by antus »

p05c bin is very different though, looks like a big software revision and full blown can bus under the hood. read and write are reliable on my pcm. I'll add your OSID to a later test version.

Still it's always an evolution and you're still on 68k cpu, so will be interesting to see how you go.

There is also an option to allow "allow cross flashing". Its in red and comes with a warning and only lasts for the existing session. The idea is to allow you to cross flash between VPW and CAN P05 PCMs. Some bench testing showed that if you take a P05b bin and enable that option and tell it to write it in to a P05c then the P05c will accept it and start talking VPW. The allow cross flashing option resets every start of the app as it removes safety checks so you can't leave it on my accident. But if you want to restore it back to a P05c then you do it again, except you force P05b type and it writes over VPW then becomes a CAN only PCM again. I don't know if thats the whole story and and if it will work on a car, or there are other hardware differences. If you have cars and want to experiment and try something like this, let us know how you go. I havn't tried the P05a, not sure if that has physical CAN hardware that comes alive with a different bin or not.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dv8lol
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 11:36 am
cars: Audi B8.5, 2013 Honda Odyssey, work as professional mechanic.

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by dv8lol »

Working on finding VATS Off for P05c 12600930.
PCM Hammer was able to read it just fine when manually selected. AutoOSID would not work.
When I open this bin in UniversalPatcher I don't get much information to work with.



It looks like TunerCat OBD2_37 XDF should work. I Ordered it from their site, should receive in a couple business days.

I'll post a copy of the Bin in case anyone wants to check it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by antus »

You can try this. I had it picked for the P05a and used pattern matching to find it in P05c. Then validated it in PCM Hammer and put the calculated sum from PCM Hammer in the bin to correct it.

VATS at 14F00 1=on 0=off (change to 0)
Checksum at 8000 = 03 11 stock, change to 04 11 to correct.

Edit: Attachment did not work, removed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by antus »

@kar4o this pattern works for P05c tableseek to find VATS, if you want to put it in Universal Patcher:

Note: Since has been confirmed not working. This instantly disables fuel with no chance for VATS pass.
4A 39 * * * * 66 * 4A 39 @ @ @ @ * * 4E B9
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dv8lol
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2026 11:36 am
cars: Audi B8.5, 2013 Honda Odyssey, work as professional mechanic.

Re: PCM Hammer P05 support

Post by dv8lol »

antus wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2026 12:19 pm You can try this. I had it picked for the P05a and used pattern matching to find it in P05c. Then validated it in PCM Hammer and put the calculated sum from PCM Hammer in the bin to correct it.

VATS at 14F00 1=on 0=off (change to 0)
Checksum at 8000 = 03 11 stock, change to 04 11 to correct.
Flashed the file, and vehicle won't crank, whereas before was a crank, no start due to Fuel Disabled Message in PCM.


Should I make a new thread for P05c Development instead of continuing in Tool Development subforum?