Most people delete it without anything noticeable and is the cheaper option
VN V8 timing
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VN V8 timing
Missed your reply on the previous page, yeah that thing is a pulse damper. Not crucial but generally better than a straight line, but they are hard to get and expensive. I was only ever able to get them from the US. The part number is FP27. They normally only stuff up if you tear the seals during installation as they are a prick to install sometimes.
Most people delete it without anything noticeable and is the cheaper option
Most people delete it without anything noticeable and is the cheaper option
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: VN V8 timing
Yeah I wish I’d just deleted it from the start lol. I did a similar setup in my Kingswood I don’t recall it having one
(that was a VS sedan tank) now my next issue is the sender has decided not to seal 
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: VN V8 timing
That damper is supposed to reduce noise as the injectors close but I think it's BS since I haven't seen it on other cars.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VN V8 timing
V6 has a dampner at the front bolted to throttle cable bracket v8 had one on external pump bracket on early cars or intank as well as one at the front .they work very good at smoothing out pump pulsating and injector pulsating issues
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VN V8 timing
Most jap cars I have seen had one usually at the engine, never checked at the pump end to see if they had one or not.
The one in the tank is more likely there to reduce or eliminate the fluid hammer effect and therefore is likely there to protect the pump from a reduced life span. Hammer effect on the pumps rotors isn't great for it.
The one in the tank is more likely there to reduce or eliminate the fluid hammer effect and therefore is likely there to protect the pump from a reduced life span. Hammer effect on the pumps rotors isn't great for it.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: VN V8 timing
I never could understand what the VK had 2. 1 on the supply side (yes that's good) and 1 on the return hose?