antus wrote: Sun Jul 20, 2025 11:23 pm Things appear stable, and user count is about where i'd expect it.
Server load problems
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
Re: Server load problems
-
8SecSleeper
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:57 am
Re: Server load problems
Every time I have a question related to ECU stuff, ChatGPT references this site. Assuming it has the whole site indexed and all the other AI bots are doing the same thing. I even thought about doing it myself incase it goes down for extended periods. Btw is it a bug, where I get logged out every minute or two and have to keep logging in again?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
Its not intended. Were behind cloudflare now, its configured to only re-verify weekly but if your internet provider is running carrier grade NAT and you have a shared internet IP address that may be triggering extra verification. I dont have a solution for this. Ive noticed I get rechecked when I move between devices on the home network shareing the same IP.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Denny
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:04 pm
- cars: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8
Re: Server load problems
Same here.antus wrote: Sun Jul 27, 2025 10:32 pm noticed I get rechecked when I move between devices on the home network shareing the same IP.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Server load problems
My ISP had a shared IP type of deal, I was not able to host any servers outside of my LAN, took me ages to figure that out, the ISP could switch it to a normal dynamic IP when I requested and that worked, so I only get the cloudflare maybe once a week as Antus mentioned on my laptop, sometimes I get it more often on my phone, but it's not always at home on the wifi which makes sense. Many forums and sites I use had cloudflare for many years before here, so I don't even pay attention to it really.
Before I figured out the ISP shared IP thing, it's apparently very common but none of the previous ISPs I used had it, so I never noticed until I started using Aussie broadband, my partner actually used it before we got the new house.
Before I figured out the ISP shared IP thing, it's apparently very common but none of the previous ISPs I used had it, so I never noticed until I started using Aussie broadband, my partner actually used it before we got the new house.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
Yeah its called carrier grade NAT or CG-NAT. Needed by new players as IPV4 is exhausted. And cloudflare defaults to a really short recheck time but thats overkill, most stupid bots cant pass the basic javascript checks the first time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
I changed a couple of forum settings to do with session validation to suit cloudflare proxies better, lets see if that helps to fix any forced logouts.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
I hit the re-validation today a whole lot trying to send a PM, so I changed some more cloudflare settings. It seems to have helped. Lets see if it still blocks the bots and helps everyone post more easily.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
-
Denny
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:04 pm
- cars: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8
Re: Server load problems
I assume everything is well with the forum now? Any issues antus?